Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 10:59 PM
    Present from my girlfreind
    Ok, well the other day my girlfreind, for no reason, got me wrist watch, one I don't really like, Its like a silver famcy watch, bless heart for thinking of me, but its awefully goddy and its too big, so I'm not so sure what to tell her, should I ask to go with her down to macys and exchange it for something I'de like better, I'm worried that would hurt her feelings, or should I just grin and bear it and wear the thing
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:07 PM

You said its too big? I'd only tell her that part of why you "can't" wear it and need to exchange it. And make sure you follow it up with a hug and lots of "thank you! you're the best!" afterwards :)

Aug 18, 2009, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    you said its too big? i'd only tell her that part of why you "can't" wear it and need to exchange it. and make sure you follow it up with a hug and lots of "thank you! you're the best!" afterwards :)
    Hehe, yeah :D
    But the problem is, if we do exchange it, she's going to want me to get a watch like it, and its ugly, like goddy nad not my style
    I really like those watches on the leather straps, if you know what I'm talking about
    So do I ask to exchange it for one of those:confused:
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:13 PM

Its all about how you say it. You can tell her that you like the other types better. But if you say thanks but, this one here is goddy and ugly." you will hurt her feelings. You have to find a very nice way of telling her that you'd like one with a leather strap better.

Aug 18, 2009, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    its all about how you say it. you can tell her that you like the other types better. but if you say thanks but, this one here is goddy and ugly." you will hurt her feelings. you have to find a very nice way of telling her that you'd like one with a leather strap better.
    Ok, I see
    :D
    Thanks a ton
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:30 PM

Maybe "It's too big, and the metal straps pinch my skin. Can I go get it exchanged for one with a leather strap?"

But, as curious stated, it's all about how you say it.

Aug 18, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Maybe "It's too big, and the metal straps pinch my skin. Can I go get it exchanged for one with a leather strap?"

But, as curious stated, it's all about how you say it.
    Yeah :) I could tell her the metal straps pinch my skin
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:34 PM

That's a good one. As long as she knows you appreciated the gesture I don't see any reason for that to upset her.

Aug 18, 2009, 11:36 PM

I asked one of my friends what to tell her, he told me to say I was allergic to time, HAHAHAHA!
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:41 PM

Haha. Funny, but not an excuse I would accept from my boyfriend lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfreind From Hell [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone. Ok how and were do I explain my problem.. hmmm I have a girlfriend who I live with & have 2 children with. I am suspecting that she may need to speak to a professional shrink due to anger and aggression issues I have with her. In our normal day to day lives she can be very...

How to get my girlfreind pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

How to get My girlfreind pregnant fast we been doing it for a long time with no condoms and nothing heppens

Girlfreind wants a break. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to achieve a lot of information as I've seen already there are some very good answers, anyway straight to topic. My girlfriend, 4 months today rang me last night to tell me that she needed a break, I let her have it and told her that it wasn't a worry. She...

Girlfreind wants to break up? [ 2 Answers ]

What are signs that your girlfreind wants to break up with you?? I really need help on this one!!

Ex girlfreind [ 1 Answers ]

On saturday my ex-girl came and slept over and we made out a lot of times and had a lot of fun together and slept in the same bed then we decided we both want to get back with eah other just not rite away and build our relationship back up... and i wann know how to do that:confused:

View more questions Search