Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karaaa128 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 07:34 AM
    My period
    I am currently on my period, and I usually always start my birth control pill on Friday night, but I want to switch taking my pill to Wednesday (today) because I have a "date" on Saturday and I need my period to end by then. So, is it bad if I switch the date for when I take my pill, or can I do it ? Will it end my period if I do ?
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 22, 2009, 09:26 AM

You may want to ask the clinic you got the birth control pills from.
    shelbybelle13 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Jul 24, 2009, 01:38 PM

Well it shouldn't do anything...
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Jul 24, 2009, 01:42 PM

If you don't take your birth control pills correctly, it will mess with the effectiveness of them. I missed a total of two pills in one month, not consecutively, and I ended up getting pregnant.

It will probably end your period though (I am not sure), but I would recommend that you use it correctly, unless you want to have a baby.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 02:32 PM

Why would you let a date interfere with you taking your birth control pill?

Also, there is no guarantee that a pill will make your period stop.

I think it is time for you to take your parent and/or doctor.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbybelle13 View Post
    well it shouldn't do anything....
    13 years old and a physician? Watch out trying to help in things yet understood.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Plan a different activity for this date. Stay with your medicine schedule until you talk to your doctor. Is it worth taking the chance? NO.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbybelle13 View Post
    well it shouldn't do anything....
    Yeah nothing but get her pregnant possibly
    I skipped a few days here and there in a couple of months and ended up with my 4th
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2009, 05:01 PM
    It won't hurt you, just don't make it a habit. I have done that in the past and it was fine. Clinic told me the same thing.

Have you thought about going and getting an iud? You won't have to worry about a period. Depending on what state, how old are you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crisluvsu731 View Post
    Have you thought about going and getting an iud?
    Most IUDs are not given to women until they have at least one child. Medically the cervix has had to been open (birth) at least once for an IUD to be implanted.

You won't have to worry about a period.
    IUDs don't stop periods on everyone, particularly if it is the copper coil, which does not contain hormones.
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Jul 24, 2009, 09:23 PM
    It wont hurt you, just don't make it a habit. I have done that in the past and it was fine. Clinic told me the same thing.

Have you thought about going and getting an iud? You won't have to worry about a period. Depending on what state, how old are you?
    When I talked to my OBGYN about an IUD he told me not to get one if I am sexually active with more than one person, because if you catch a STD or get an infection then it can mess up your women parts.

Correct me if I am wrong J9. But, that is what I was told when trying to choose a good form of birth control because my depo shot wasn't working with my body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant? Got intimate & gt regular period aftr 10 days, then nxt month missed period [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my fiancée are in a real confused and tensed state. We love each other more than anything, or anybody.. Last month, one night we became intimate, and I rubbed my penis (not the tip) against her vagina.. We have never had intercourse.. And I have never ejaculated on her.. Last month...

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

My period one month late from privious period and hcg test is negative.why? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I missed my periods since 2 months back. That means I had my starting period on 22 feb and from that day now today is 20 April, I have no period. Hcg test is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant? If any one faced the same problem please share own experience. Before these problem...

Late period turns to a LONG period. What's wrong with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I was 12 days late for my period, which was a very stressful moment for me. I finally got my period on August 10, and I still have it... 14 days and counting. I should also note that my period has been rather light for me. I have been able to get away with light tampons this whole time, and when I...

7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 9 Answers ]

STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital...

View more questions Search