Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Jul 14, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Love can come back.
    If initial physical attraction, followed by positive emotional interest, positive time spent together and positive rewarding experiences is needed for a strong emotional bond, i.e. love.

Then once love has been lost because all or some of these were not present.

Then upon a re encounter, if these things are present then love could develop again between two people.

Is the a reasonable take on things ?

(Then is this only not possible, if there were negatives of emotion or other connections have been formed)
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 07:55 PM

The way I see it is once love is gone its gone. Things will never be the same anymore or how it was once before. But on the other hand if 2 people lost their way from each other but love is still there, they will find their ways back to each other even if the other doesn't know that they still love them.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 14, 2009, 08:02 PM

Using your words I would say
    On re encounter you would have
    Physical attraction
    Emotional interest
    Time spent together
    Positive rewarding experiences
    Here's where the proublem would be
    Strong emotional bond
    Once you have broken , the bond is damaged
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 14, 2009, 08:17 PM

BAH.
    Once it's over, it's over. Relationships end for reasons, and those reasons are generally because people are jerks.

YAY!
    E12191G Posts: 59, Reputation: 10

Jul 14, 2009, 08:49 PM
    [QUOTE=none12345;1856346]The way I see it is once love is gone its gone -QUOTE] I completely agree with this, it will never be the same. And knowing most people they'll bring up the passed and won't be able to let it go.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:31 AM

I am going against the grain here... once you fall in love with someone, and I am talking about deeply in love, I think there will ALWAYS be some sort of love for them, no matter what. I know I don't want my ex back, but I am not foolish enough to think that there isn't some love left for her buried deep down inside of me.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 15, 2009, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    but I am not foolish enough to think that there isn't some love left for her buried deep down inside of me.
    I think that's a different kind of love,I mean of course your going to have love for someone you shared so many things with.the op is talking about can you have that same level of love back after a break up,and your talking about just a basic love that could be liken to love thy nieghbor,or love of humanity.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    i think thats a different kind of love,i mean of course your going to have love for someone you shared so many things with.the op is talking about can you have that same level of love back after a break up,and your talking about just a basic love that could be liken to love thy nieghbor,or love of humanity.
    I don't love any human like I love my ex... I have not had sex with 99% of the population, so your explanation is fairly out of context. When you fall in love with someone I do not really believe that love ever really dies... I just think it fades. In the most sincere fashion I can make it, I DO NOT love my nieghbor nor humanity in general... I care for them and don't wish them any harm, but don't get my words twisted.

To me love is like a candle... once it burns out, it can be re-lit, with the right circumstances presenting themselves.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:05 AM

I think if enough time passes, and things ended OK, then I believe that any love that two people have for each other can come back. Of course the relationship will not be the same as before, but that should be a good thing since something was wrong the first time.

However, this can not be forced, nor expected to happen. It MUST naturally happen on it's own and BOTH people must want to rekindle it.

I don't think people who were romantically involved, and who had a significant and positive impact on their partners lives, ever truly lose all of the love they had for someone. I think that given certain rare circumstances, old flames can get back together and form healthy intimate relationships IF the problems that occurred in the previous relationship have been worked on and resolved.
    jlove09 Posts: 73, Reputation: 5

Jul 15, 2009, 08:19 AM

I think two people can fall in love with each other again.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 15, 2009, 10:37 AM

Meh. I'd rather just find someone else.

I agree, though, that I will always love my ex in some way, but I'd rather saw my arms off than have to go through all that crap again. Which I know would happen. Noo thank you.

I'll just do that whole "bend and snap" thing that someone suggested, and I won't be lonely anymore! Yay! ;) (I'm kidding, for people that don't dig sarcasm).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will my first love ever come back? [ 11 Answers ]

I Was With My First Love For 3 And A Half Years Since I Was Thirteen I No He Really Loves Me He Tells Me He Loves Me The Most In The World But He Act Like I Don't Exist What Do I Do? Will He Ever Come Back To Me? Help Somebody

I'm in love.but she doesn't love me back [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, For a couple months now, I have been miserable because I fell in love with one of my best friends. She had just broken up with her ex and I thought they were done for good, so one day I planned on telling her how I felt and she came running up to tell me that her and her ex were back...

Love triangle, I love her but she doesn't like me back and it really hurts me [ 67 Answers ]

Hi all, I think I'm in a love triangle, where I love a girl who loves another guy, but that guy doesn't love her that much as I love her. My story began with this girl, she moved to my house to study in my town, as her parents were far away from her and her parents were also my parents' friends. So...

DO they love you enough to come back [ 8 Answers ]

Do they love you enough to come back forever? Can you answer yes to 7 out of 10 of these? This is a very un-scientific list to consider as you ponder your fate. If 7 YES's, 70% chance. If 8, 80% chance. If 9, 90% chance. There's no such thing as a sure thing.

View more questions Search