Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jul 14, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Baby overweight?
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this questions, but my daughter is 14 months old and weights in at 31lbs. She was just over 9lbs when she was born, and didn't lose any weight afterwards. She is tall for her age but I think he might be a bit overweight, am I wrong?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:33 PM

How tall is she?
    What size clothes is she wearing?

Often being a bit over weight in babies isn't always something to be concerned about because usually as they grow taller they tend to thin out.

Jul 14, 2009, 02:40 PM

She is 86 cm so about 35 inches, her clothes size depends on the brand. She wears 1T to 24 months sometimes 2T.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:46 PM

What does the dr say about her weight?

My sisters son was 30'' and 30 lbs at 6 months old. He is 25 now and a little stocky but nothing like obese.

Jul 14, 2009, 02:50 PM

Doctor didn't say much just to cut back a bit. He said feed her more milk then formula and more veggies. It just scared me because she jumped on growth chart.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:54 PM

Mmm perhapes that's the problem. My doctor (not saying ALL just mine) told me to take my daughter off the formula completley when she turned 1. maybe you can ask your doctor about that?
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:54 PM

They will have growth/weight spurts.
    I am sure you will do fine with her.

Jul 14, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    mmm perhapes thats the problem. my doctor (not saying ALL just mine) told me to take my daughter off the formula completley when she turned 1. maybe you can ask your doctor about that?
    See that's the thing but my doctor told me don't take her completely off the formula, just giver her one to two bottles a day. She is on 6-18 months formula, so I think I'll just feed her more veggies. I am sure she is fine but I just wanted some input, thanks guys.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 03:13 PM

I'm sure she is fine too hon :) it was just a thought.

My daughter was HUGELY fat when she was an infant all the way up until she was 18 months old and started running and climbing :P
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jul 14, 2009, 04:34 PM

My son always measured large for his age. At his 15 month he weighed in at 29 lbs, and 32 inches, at 18 months 30lbs and 35 inches. If your doc doesn't seem concerned I would not worry too much. I also switched my son from formula to 2% milk at one year, my doc told me that whole milk is not necessary as long as he gets milk fat from other sources (cheese, lowfat yogurt etc)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 02:13 PM

She is right where she would be expected to be. If she is eating a well balanced diet, offer more milk than formula... but if her diet is not all that developed just yet, better off staying with more formula to insure she is getting the nutrients, fats, and calories that she should be having. Just as during the first year, you can expect to see the occasional growth spurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overweight? [ 4 Answers ]

I am just wondering if I am MEDICALLY considered overweight, and not just by someone's opinion. I am 21, Five foot ten and three quarters inch tall, and I weigh 225 pounds, and I'm a guy, if that matters.

I'm overweight what shall I do. [ 6 Answers ]

:( :( :( I have a nurses appointment on Friday (this Friday) and I am really terrified I am overweight she is going to check me and put me on a diet, I'm I'm overweight but I don't want to reveal it to her. Help, ...

Overweight lab [ 2 Answers ]

I have two labs 3yr old and a 6 yr old. Both a little over weight . I put them on purina light and 6yr old lost nicey over eight weeks but 3yr olds looks if anything bigger? He also seemed to gain this weight quickly.

Dog is overweight [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best dog food for my very overweight golden lab/retriever mix?

Am I overweight [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm 10 stone 3 pounds. I have a lot of visible fat and everyone at school keeps calling me fat. On top of that I'm trying to ask this girl out at school but I think that she will prefer a healthier me. But I have asthma and whenever I work out I nearly kill myself. Does anyone have any...

View more questions Search