Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RbzBaby Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Severe upper Abdomen cramping! Am I okay?
    Hello, I am 15 weeks 3 days pregnant. I have had a healthy pregnancy so far the dr. says. But here is my question. I was feeling perfectly fine today, until I ate a bowl of spaghettios. A minute later I started getting this strange burning in my upper abdomen, it became more severe and worse by the minute to the point I was in tears, and could hardly breathe. It felt like someone was grinding their fists into my upper abdomen. I was on my way to the emergency room doing my best do breath, it sunddenly stopped. Completely went away. I called the OB they said to just go home and rest and everything is probably fine.

Does this sound like anything any of you has ever heard before? Because I haven't. Please let me know if everything is OK or if I should go back to the emergency. I've never felt pain like that before. Thank you very much.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 04:51 PM

I would definitely go to the doctor.

However, you can relax a little bit, because when I was pregnant, I ONLY WANTED to eat spaghettios and raviolis, and each time I did, I got bad stomach pains and acid reflud and gas. So it could have just been the food.

But you definitely need to see your doctor. He should be aware of EVERYTHING going on in your body.

If the cramping gets lower in your abdomen, for example, under your belly button, or you start to bleed, go to the emergency room right away!

Good luck hon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Sounds like a severe case of heartburn or acid reflux. You should stay away from food that increases the acid in your stomac... in this case spaghettio's
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:14 PM

Sounds like your galbladder. Happens a lot in pregnancy. Avoid carbonated beverage and fatty foods. Spagettios are high in fat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kicking in upper abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

For about 8 months now I have been expiriecing kicking in my upper abdomen it seems as if a baby is kicking and I am not pregnant . Could any one tell me what this means and I hope it will not be a srious issue. From mystry

What causes pain in upper right abdomen? [ 3 Answers ]

What causes pain in the upper right abdomen? I don't have the pain all the time, just sometimes. But when it hurts, it hurts bad. It is worsened when I do physical activity, but can start when just sitting. It also hurts more if I push on spot where hurts. Any help, please? Thanks!

Pain in upper right abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my upper right abdomen. It is not constant, but can be pretty severe. The pain starts when I am sitting or after walking. In order to stop the pain I must lay down and extend my legs. If I press on the area, it is very tender!! Also I had my gallbladder removed 7 years ago.

Severe Pain Middle Left Abdomen [ 1 Answers ]

For about 4 months now I have been experiencing on and off severe pain in my upper/middle left abdomen. Had a CT scan and they said everything looks fine. But I don't feel fine. Every time I have an "episode" I get sick to my stomach and have diarrhea/constipation for weeks. If I am having an...

Had Mono 5 months ago, now have pain in upper left abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

I had mono for about 6 weeks in July, 06. About two months ago, I started having mild abdominal pain in my upper left abdomen. It has gotten no better nor worse during that time. It does not inhibit me from my normal activities; it's just worrying. It feels similar to how that area felt when I had...

View more questions Search