Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailey67 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 08:53 PM
    How do I get people to want to hang out with me?
    Ive been going to a new school for 4 years now.
    And it seems like everyone wants to hangout or be with me best friend.
    I mean yeah, I get texts or calls here and there from people about hanging out, but its not like the ones my friends get.
    I really want people to want to hang out with me, or be excited that I'm hanging out with them and stuff. Or like brag to their friends that they were chillin with me one night.
    No ones ever done this and I feel like I'm not special or that no one notices me. I'm going to be a freshman and I really want this to change before I go into high school.
    I don't know if its because I'm boring, or if people just don't like me?
    Help anyone?
    Please?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 11:07 AM

Just relax and be yourself. Being the most popular is not everything. Even if it seems like it right now, its really not. Friendship should be about quality, not quantity. Focus on being a good friend to those around you. And fyi, usually if I heard someone talking about "i was with so-and-so the other night..." it usually ended with some embarrassing or degrading story about that person. Sometimes, no, pretty much all the time, it's best not to have people talking about you. And how do you know people don't talk about hanging out with you anyway?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 03:04 PM

Funny story. Maybe not to you but to me it is.

I wasn't really cool in the first years of high school. I kept trying to fit in with the different cliques; sporty, girly, druggy-- you name it. I was a follower.

I shortly moved to another High School and decided I just wanted to be myself. When I was myself I soon had a group of followers, it was weird, and I kind of hated it.

Lesson is: Be yourself. You'll waste your time "trying" to be cool- you'll usually end up looking like an idiot.

Be positive.

I'd like to also note that you should get involved in school, it really helps when you want to meet people. I'm sure your school has a debate team, yearbook club, drama club, swim team, basketball team... etc.

Sarah
    mum2five Posts: 171, Reputation: 32

Jul 3, 2009, 03:43 PM
    In order for people to like you - you have to learn to like yourself !
    The first rule in being liked by others is to like yourself. If there are things you don't like about yourself, you can try to change those things, one thing at a time. If you have a habit of talking about people, you might want to try to stop. If you are too shy to really make friends, then maybe you should practice talking to someone new each day. Changing the things you don't like into things you do like may take some work, but it will be worth it.

Don't pretend to be someone you aren't. People can tell when someone is genuine and when someone is being fake. When you are real with people, and not afraid to let them see the real you, you will also be being friendlier by letting them closer.When you are in school, it is easier to become popular if you just be yourself. Other kids like to know that they are becoming friends with someone who they can trust to not be fake.

Be honest, but not hurtful. When you are honest with friends, they will come to appreciate you and your advice. If a friend asks your opinion, and you lie, he will eventually realize that you lied. You can be honest in a nice way, without hurting the feelings of others.

Be a good friend. The more of a good friend you are, the more people who will want to be your friend. It takes being a friend in order to have friends. Friends treat their friends with respect, and with kindness. No gossiping, talking behind backs, or being two-faced. A good friend is loyal, even when others don't like your friends, or pick on them. If you are truly their friend, you will stand up for them.

Make friends with the right people. When you are trying to be popular, it might be tempting to make friends with everyone. This is not a good idea. Being popular with people who are good for you, and you are good for them, is the best idea

BUT being popular is not always all that it's made out to be. Sometimes people who are popular end up being lonely because they have so many friends, that they don't make good friendships with a few people who they can be best friends with. Having a best friend or two, that can be lifetime friendships, is better than being liked by a lot of people who you will never be really close to.
    shayi98 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Its not hard just make yourself semm sexi and popular then get ur friends friends to hang out with u and your friends friends friends will also want to hang out because there friends are hanging out wit u it's a little confusing but trust me it works:d:d:d:d:cool::cool:coll[youtube
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shayi98 View Post
    ITS NOT HARD JUST MAKE URSELF SEMM SEXI AND POPULAR THEN GET UR FRIENDS FRIENDS TO HANG OUT WITH U AND YOUR FRIENDS FRIENDS FRIENDS WILL ALSO WANT TO HANG OUT BECAUSE THERE FREINDS ARE HANGING OUT WIT U ITS A LITTLE CONFUSING BUT TRUST ME IT WORKS:D:D:D:D:cool::cool:COLL[YOUTUBE
    That's stupid advice.

Make yourself "seem sexy"- sorry but most teenagers confuse sexy with slutty; chances are your one of them.

Sexiness comes natural, it's not wearing tight shirts and wearing a mini skirt and loads of makeup. You'll only end up getting negative attention this way and it'll lead to rumors and problems.

Tsk.

Sarah
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jul 3, 2009, 09:11 PM

As long as you have friends that are loyal and good then that's all that matters... Sure being popular and "famous" can be cool, for like ten minutes, then it's drama city... trust me. The more friends you have, the faker relationships get and the harder it is to know who your real friends are. In high school you will meet a lot of people who are in your boat, be friends with them and don't give in to stupid popularity contests.
    Marine111 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 07:41 PM
    WHen ta;king to people voice your opinon. Even if they don't agree with it later they will respect if for you and know you tell the truth. Really Being honest and lending a helping hang and being happy to help make a great friend.
    Kayceemoore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 11:13 AM
    Be yourself. HONESTLY don't try to be someone your not. If your boring change that, ask to go to the mall, or do something like go to the movies or SOMETHING fun!! Thanks(:
    nikki312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 06:47 PM
    Have quirks. Pick up a hobby, not something that everyone is doing, but something you actually enjoy, like photography, or soccer. That way you'll meet new people with the same interests as you. Don't try so hard. Also make the effort and invite people to hang out with you. If they're the ones always asking you to hangout, they might feel that you don't want to hang out with them!

Stop thinking that you need to have a lot of friends to be likable. Most people usually have 3 to 4 friends that they're close to. The rest changes all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hang On or Move On [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, i need some advice! I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years now. Im 21 and he is 23. I love him but yet still he still does not love me, he says he just cares for me! He says its not his fault its just the way he feels and that he does not know if he will ever have the same...

Hang out [ 121 Answers ]

Hi! Here talk about whatever you want. I don't care, me personally I am in the mood of talking about stuff that really is a molehill but HEY lets turn in into mount everest, no seriouly talk about whatever, but I will be watching! DUN DUN DUN!! OK here we go. OK I'll get this thing going, how is...

IE hang [ 1 Answers ]

May I know the reason why the IE hangs frequently? And also the solution to overcome this problem

Trying to hang in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, It has been four long months since I dumped my cheating ex however, it is difficult as well as painful when I see him out with his new friend because, he knows I left him and I ended alone. I have gotten into myself more, began to socialize more with my friends and family but it is...

View more questions Search