Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MoodsterMan Posts: 38, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 8, 2009, 12:56 PM
    I just want an opinion on this;
    My girlfriends friend is kind of a "loose" character and apparently doesn't like me very much.

You see my gf's friend goes to her camp ground every weekend and I have been told there are a lot of "cute/ hot" guys at the camp ground. My girlfriend is going to go up with her to the campground most of the summer. Now I didn't really care before but I have been told by my girlfriend that her friend already told her to break up with me. I have no idea why? And I recently got a text from her friend (that was supposed to go to my girlfriend but went to me) and it said " I have found your future soul mate! Hes hot, he plays guitar and sounds like Bon Jovi!" At first I just laughed but then I realized.. my girlfriend is going to be up at the campground for a long time with this chick. And I am sure she is going to be pressuring her to do this and that. I trust my girlfriend quite a lot but I am still feeling insecure about this situation.

What do you think? I know she is a bad influence on my girlfriend but I don't want to say anything cause its her best friend..
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 12:59 PM

Time to talk to your girl. The only answer is communication, that is how you make it through this time.

Good luck to you.
    griffers90 Posts: 57, Reputation: 12

Jun 8, 2009, 01:17 PM
    I agree you MUST talk to your girl. Find out how she feels about this. Most of all you must let her know you SUPPORT her if she needs to deal with this "friend" of hers. If your girlfriend is a loose charcter though you may not be able to prevent what happens over the summer. Still. Talk to her tell her you're worried and just keep communications open. That is the only way to survive this trial intact. However you may need to consider what you'll do if the worst does happen and she finds someone else. But if when you talk give her a note from me "If she cares for you do not give in to peer pressure I did and it nearly wrecked my life. I was lucky not many people have such good friends that will pick them up after such a bad break up"

Good luck and I hope this manipulative "friend" of hers doesn't cause any problems x
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 01:28 PM

Communication is key.

Furthermore, even though her friend told your girlfriend to break up with you, your girlfriend hasn't done it, so that should tell you that she might not listen to her friend anyway. But you should still clear the air with your girlfriend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Just me, I wouldn't let your g/f's hater friend, break my trust for her. Give your g/f the email, and let her deal with her friend, and say nothing else.

Willing to bet the email wasn't an accident, or mistake, but the attempt to cause trouble.
    -

Jun 8, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Just me, I wouldn't let your g/f's hater friend break my trust for her. Give your g/f the email, and let her deal with her friend and say nothing else.

Willing to bet the email wasn't an accident, or mistake, but the attempt to cause trouble.
    She got the email as well.. and that is what I am doing. I trust her, and love her very much. I have no idea why her friend said to break up with me. She has a boyfriend and I am just thinking that my girlfriend is going to get lonely and with her friends help etc..

I think I am thinking too much and I care but I also don't. Its kind of like "I am so done with this bull" So I am starting to not care what my girlfriend does and just saying to myself that she is faithful. IT doesn't always work unfortunately.

I hate talking about this kind of stuff with her, because it always gets her upset with the "you don't trust me?" and "stop being insecure" etc..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 02:19 PM

That's why I would say nothing to her about it at all. Just so she knows you know about her so called best friend and her ways.

Your relationship is not the issue between you, but what she does about her friend is best dealt with by her, in her own way.

Don't let the hater drive a wedge between you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 02:27 PM

If you've already had the "lack of trust" and "insecure" conversation with her, then move forward from that.

You got to trust her. You guys already talked it out. Now it's on you to accept it.

Don't create trouble when there was none to start with.
    -

Jun 8, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    If you've already had the "lack of trust" and "insecure" conversation with her, then move forward from that.

You gotta trust her. You guys already talked it out. Now it's on you to accept it.

Don't create trouble when there was none to start with.
    Exactly what I was thinking, no point in beating the old cat.
    scott_1976 Posts: 96, Reputation: 19

Jun 8, 2009, 06:12 PM

Be careful here, you can end up looking like a crazy jealous boyfriend and make her friend have even more infuence over your girlfriend!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some opinion [ 10 Answers ]

Hm... I'm not sure whether I posted this in the right place. But I would like to ask, is integrated graphic better for 3D games or is discrete graphic better?

What's your opinion! [ 4 Answers ]

PSU contacts Shipley concerning the purchase of fuel oil heat the school building during winter months. In the phone conversation, Shipley agrees to make 8 shipments of oil to the school over a 6-month period from Oct 15, 1984 to April 15, 1985, totalling 750 gallons/month at $1.25/gallon. ...

I need your opinion [ 8 Answers ]

I am doing my ninth grade debate and I need your feedback on this How is god alive in society if there is evil world hunger and parentless children in the world

Your opinion on sex [ 10 Answers ]

Well I'm not too sure if this question would go under religion. Wel is it just me or is sex turning into just a fad. Meaning that it's a common occurrence. Before it use to be sacred and chosen wisely but now us adolesense choce to just randomly pursuee pleasure over rationalization and have sex...

2nd opinion [ 4 Answers ]

The doctor said, "Joe, the good news is I can cure your headaches. The bad news is that it will require castratio You have a very rare condition, which causes your testicles to press on your spine and the pressure creates one hell of a headache. The only way to relieve the pressure is to...

View more questions Search