Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busy_bee Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Loving Someone that Doesn't Love you Back
    Last summer, I worked with this guy for three months. We saw each other for ten hours every day, six days a week. It was just me and him in a little shop. We got on very well, we talked about all sorts of things - literally anything you can think of. I didn't realise it at first, but I had fallen for him in every way.

In September, we both went back to our different universities but still saw each other about once a week - he'd drop in on the days I was working part time and vice versa. However, this ended in January when we both quit. (It was quite a demanding job and didn't leave sufficient time for college coursework.)

The only thing was, he had a girlfriend who he lived with. Nothing ever happened between him and me. It was very strictly platonic. However, two months ago, he broke up with the girlfriend.

Nearly a year later, I can't get him out of my head. I know he has flaws, but I accept them. It's not like I think he is the most perfect fantastic guy out there, because he's not. But I still love him. I've been with a few guys since, but it's just not the same - it's not him. Should I tell him? Or not? I mean, I'm probably never going to see him again. I just need closure with him and don't know how to get it.

I apologise for the length of the post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2009, 02:23 PM

First I would worry somewhat about being so obsessed by someone you never really dated.

But you will never know if you don't tell him, if you don't, there will never be a chance

May 16, 2009, 02:34 PM
    I read my post again, and you're right it sounded obsessed! :D I think it just came out too strongly!

He was just a great guy, that I clicked with. It's hard to let that go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2009, 02:48 PM

So call him and tell him, maybe alilttle less strongly,

But if you don't, in 40 years you will always say, I wonder what would have happeneed

May 16, 2009, 02:52 PM
    That's true. I think I will. I mean, what's the worst that could happen. He says no - so what? I don't have to see him again.

Thanks for the nudge in a direction Fr_Chuck!
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

May 16, 2009, 08:19 PM

Well I've never told my crush of 3 years and now he's going to graduate. Im stuck on what to do as well. But what I would want to do is tell him.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 11:46 PM
    I'd go a bit more softly. Why don't you give him a call and ask him if he wants to catch a movie or have a drink? That way you can see each other and you can gauge if you feel the same way. I wouldn't embarrass myself with 'declarations of love' until I'd seen him again and seen if that same speak was still there.

May 17, 2009, 04:43 AM
    Haha, I don't think I'd do a declaration of love, it's a bit over the top and, you're right, embarrassing! We're going out tonight, so we'll see what happens. Slightly nervous, but hopefully it'll he okay. :)

May 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Thank you all for your comments. I figured that I should tie up this topic and write what happened...

Originally, we were meeting for coffee. However, after a cup or two, he suggested we go somewhere else for dinner. I said sure, why not? We were having a really great conversation, it was like being stuck in that cramped shop all over again. I was a bit scared that it would be arkward, because we hadn't seen each other in a while, but everything was fine.

About a half hour after arriving at the restaurant, I was thinking of trying to gently bring in my topic. But, before I could figure out how, he was telling me all these things I wanted to hear regarding, well, him and me.

So, my story ended happily ever after, he wanted what I wanted. I am so, so, so happy, ecstatic if you will, right now! I really didn't expect it!

I can't believe I could have missed this.

Thank you guys again for giving me a nudge in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with one,but loving another. [ 6 Answers ]

I married one woman, but I'm still in love with another

Difference between Loving someone and Being In Love [ 10 Answers ]

Okay I received a message from someone asking me what was the difference between loving and being "IN love"therefore I decided to post my opinion on the subject. Feel free to add to the post.. Difference between Loving someone and being "In Love" The Difference: First let's define...

Love triangle, I love her but she doesn't like me back and it really hurts me [ 67 Answers ]

Hi all, I think I'm in a love triangle, where I love a girl who loves another guy, but that guy doesn't love her that much as I love her. My story began with this girl, she moved to my house to study in my town, as her parents were far away from her and her parents were also my parents' friends. So...

In love vs Loving [ 6 Answers ]

Do you think there is a difference between being in love and loving someone? Is the difference worth the distinction? I recently posted about my fiance' and I separating for a while so we can work out some financial and other issues. She made the comment that she loves me but doesn't know if...

Loving an abuser and getting my ex back [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 issues I need your help with! 1) I'm 29 and dated a guy (We'll call him RD) for 2 years (we lived together for a year). I tried to end things early on due to us being so different but he convinced me that things would work out. Shortly after, the verbal abuse started but I didn't...

View more questions Search