Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whatever24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2009, 09:54 AM
    How do I control my paranoia?
    Hi, I think I suffer from paranoia, I think I got it from my mom, she doesn't like elevators cause she's paranoid she's going to get stuck so I don't like them either, were both clausterphobic, once I went to a club and had a panic attack, whenever I don't sleep in my own home I start panicking in the middle of the night and I either throw up or just cry, I'm also paranoid something is going to happen to me whenever I'm somewhere out, like not always but if I go out somewhere I'm not used to going I tend to think that and I get this disgusting feeling in my stomach, the same feeling you would get before an interview or an auditon or performing somewhere, how do I control this?:o
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 02:28 PM

I have my own fears, but they come from bad moments in my life.

The best thing to do is to:
    A) find out why you are scared
    B) take baby steps to overcome it
    C) talk to someone about it: a therapist, a family member, a friend.
    D) read self help books about fears and how to deal with them.

Good luck,
    Sarah
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 12:43 AM
    I actually think that you're suffering from a form of panic attack or agoraphobia, not paranoia, which is potentially more serious.

Panic attacks are really easily treated with medication - speak to a doctor - who can advise you better than I. Then, once you're feeling more stable you can explore the reasons behind these attacks.

Lots of people have this problem, so don't feel ashamed of speaking with a doctor.
    Shleecraw23 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2009, 09:26 PM

There are so many ways to overcome paranoia. It is the result of excess anxiety. Think about what makes you anxious on a daily basis? Why?
    We all possess the ability to let go of our negative feelings. Most have just forgotten how. There is a scientifically proven tool known as "The Sedona Method" that can help you recapture your ability to release your paranoia. It consists of a series of questions you ask yourself that lead your awareness to what you are feeling that moment. Let me explain by asking you to participate in a simple exercise. Pick up a pen, a pencil, or some small object that you would be willing to drop without giving it a second thought. Now, hold it in front of you and really grip it tightly. Pretend this is one of your limiting feelings and that your hand represents your gut or your consciousness. If you held the object long enough, this would start to feel uncomfortable yet familiar.

Now, open your hand and roll the object around in it. Notice that you are the one holding on to it; it is not attached to your hand. The same is true with your feelings, too. Your feelings are as attached to you as this object is attached to your hand.

We hold on to our feelings and forget that we are holding on to them. It's even in our language. When we feel angry or sad, we don't usually say, “I feel angry,” or, “I feel sad.” We say, “I am angry,” or, “I am sad.” Without realizing it, we are misidentifying that we are the feeling. Often, we believe a feeling is holding on to us. This is not true… we are always in control and just don't know it. Now, if you took the same object—a pencil, pen, or pebble—and magnified it large enough, it would appear more and more like empty space. You would be looking into the gaps between the molecules and atoms. When you dive into the very core of a feeling, you will observe a comparable phenomenon: nothing is really there. As you master the process of releasing, you will discover that even your deepest feelings are just on the surface. At the core you are empty, silent, and at peace—not in the pain and darkness that most of us would assume. In fact, even our most extreme feelings have only as much substance as a soap bubble. And you know what happens when you poke your finger into a soap bubble: it pops. That's exactly what happens when you dive into the core of a feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Haunted or just paranoia? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I need something cleared up here. I might tend to be paranoid about stuff. Anyway, lately I've been talking to a friend about 'night attackers' as he calls them. He's haunted, and he's haunted by inhuman beings. They aren't ghosts, but he thinks that they are beings trying to create fear in...

How to control my jealousy and paranoia? [ 22 Answers ]

I've been dating this wonderful guy for 2 wees now.. OK, I have had the problem of jealousy with all my previous boyfriens.. I question every little thing they do and when they answer me, I don't believe them.. what can I do to stop being paranoid? Every time when he picks up his phone I think:...

Paranoia got me [ 1 Answers ]

So, as you all know, the election of the year has caused a lot of tension between races in some states. My problem is that in the state that I live in, I feel like I could be a target for abuse or murder all because of the current election. It honestly has me afraid to leave my house or be home...

Intuition or Paranoia? [ 6 Answers ]

I am confused about my relationship right now. I have posted on here a couple of months ago seeking help about my fiancé needing space, you all helped out so much that I am back for more. My story. Been with my girl for almost 7 years. We live together and in May she told me that she needed...

Marihuana - paranoia [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I started smokeing marihuana 3 years from now, at first I smoked intensevly and through time I smoked less and less. Now for the past few months when I smoke it I have this attacks, some sorth of paranoia. I can get on a noraml level. I can also feel depresive. Do u have any idea what is...

View more questions Search