Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngGlas Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 04:32 AM
    Up at Night?
    Is it normal for my 9wk old puppy to cry at night when she needs to go out to potty? She has cut back from two times a night to 1, but my husband is fussing saying a "dog"( that's what he calls Abigail when he is upset) should be able to hold it all night. I don't expect her to until she is older. Also when I let her out at night, she goes potty and then back in her crate and straight to sleep; so I know she is not doing this just to play. Thanks!:p
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 04:55 AM

Sounds like you have an axceptional puppy, so if she cries to go out, then I would put her out. Your husband is so wrong. She is only a baby at 9 weeks and doing quite well in my opinion. You want her trained well, or your husband will really complain.

Tick
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 05:11 AM

She is way to young to hold it all night.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 13, 2009, 11:47 AM

Your husband is very much wrong. A "dog" can hold its potty all night, a PUPPY certainly cannot, especially not one that very young. Young puppies do not have good bladder control, just like any baby. I'd say you are extremely lucky to have a puppy that lets you know at that age, and that asks to go out that little. You should be considering it a blessing!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 11:53 AM

They have little bladders and they can't hold much in them.He should be pleased she is giving you warning and not piddling all over the house!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I eat too much at night! [ 9 Answers ]

Help! I have the awful habit of eating/snacking at night. I'm not exactly sure why I do it, it's a bad habit that I would love to break. Is there a 'good' snack that I can have at night until I do break this habit? Please don't suggest celery or carrot sticks, I already thought of that, and I...

Every night [ 6 Answers ]

Lately I have been enjoying drinking, and getting very tipsy almost every night with my boyfriend. I like to drink scnapps and dark liquor most of the time. I am finding that I miss it if I don't do it for a day or two. I just wanted to know if this is a problem or is it pretty normal? I'm...

My ex came over last night [ 8 Answers ]

My ex came over to my place last night. We have been broken up for two months or so. We talk every couple of days. I’m just really now letting go of the relationship, but I still have the fence straddled if I want her back or not. Well we had dinner last night we had a couple of drinks and one...

Day and Night [ 2 Answers ]

Help, I just bought a home in July 2006, the home is built 1976. It has a 3 ton Say and night unit, I had it serviced in September for the cold weather. The Tech found a 2" X 8" crack in the heat exchange. I have home warranty but they refuse to fix it. HSA would not recommend them to anyone. I...

View more questions Search