Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latertater11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Im 16. Could I be pregnant?
    I had sex 2 days ago. We never used any protection, which yes I know was dumb, and we were both virgins. The sex didn't last long and I have no education with sex at all really. I was wondering if there was a chance I could be pregnant... and I haven't had any contact with my partner since. There is no way I could ever find him again, it was a one time thing, but I would like to know what to do and if there is really any chance with me getting pregnant. My period ended maybe a day or two before we did anything, so would that effect the chances at all?

Yes yes, I know I know, use protection and all that. It was stupid and I WILL use protection in the future. So please don't give me a lecture, I feel horrible enough already. I'm just freaking out and really don't want to go to my mother with these questions.

Please get back to me soon :) It is greatly appreciated. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart... thank you, thank you, thank you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Unprotected sex = pregnancy... what are your chances? We don't know. However, since you stopped your period a day or two before the encounter, your chances of getting an STD are probably higher than getting pregnant.

Have you considered Plan B? It's almost too late now, it has to be taken within 72 hours after intercourse.
    latertater11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Unprotected sex = pregnancy....what are your chances? We don't know. However, since you stopped your period a day or two before the encounter, your chances of getting an STD are probably higher than getting pregnant.

Have you considered Plan B? It's almost too late now, it has to be taken within 72 hours after intercourse.

No I haven't. I guess I'm still just freaking out.
    Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 08:34 AM
    I'm not trying to give you a lecture, but this is something you need to think about before you "hook up" with someone you don't know.

What if you are pregnant? What will you do then?
    What if you contracted an STD? What will you do then?

I am a mother of a 15 year old girl, so I am not trying to lecture you, but rather show you the other side of the sex coin.

While sex is fun, and it feels good, there are permanent consequences that go along with it. Are you ready for those consequences? You don't have to answer these questions, just think about them.
    Danni2222 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2009, 03:33 AM

2 days after your period means there a lowER risk but any unprotected sex is a risk (even during your period) you shouldn't be afraid to talk to your parents you'll probably find they're more understanding and supportive than you think. They'll be able to help educate you so you know what to do next time without all the panic. You should still go to your doctor just in case to get yourself checked out, not only for pregnancy but for sti just to put you're mind at ease. Most of all make sure you learn from your mistakes in life
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 03:38 AM
    You will have to wait until you miss your period! There is always a chance of pregnancy and disease when you what you did.

Sex is something you should not take lightly as you already know. Baby, death... which at your age it's hard to tell which would be worse!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 06:14 AM

You need to talk to your mother about sex.  It's scary to talk to your mom about it, she needs to know you are having sex, especially unprotected sex at your age.

I'm not going to preach to you, but you are smarter than this... you even said so yourself, it's terrible to be having unprotected sex in today's world.

Your mom can help you get birth control pills or if you aren't able or afraid to talk to her you should go to plannedparenthood because they talk to teens about sex. Also, your mom might have been able to help you get plan B so that maybe it could prevent a pregnancy but now it's too late.

Since your going be engaging in sexual activity you to be told the truth about sex. Do you even know how to use a condom properly? Did you know condom doesn't 100% prevent pregnancy or STD's? Did you know you have better odds using a condom along with a form of birth control to prevent pregnancy?

The situation your in is scary but it should be an eye opener for you because what would you do if you was to become pregnant at your age? Think about it.
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 6, 2009, 07:36 AM

Go get plan B NOW before its too late. The longer you wait, the less effective it is. You can go to Planned Parenthood and get it even if you don't have the money to pay for all of it, they just ask for a donation.
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 6, 2009, 01:53 PM

Your right, I didn't realize this post was older. Too late for Plan B.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 01:57 PM

I got pregnant my first time, it does happen.

Hopefully you are not pregnant, but take this as a huge warning sign for your future. Get educated about sex and be prepared in the future.

Also, avoid those "one time things" as they won't do anything to improve yourself esteem.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeBel View Post
    Your right, I didn't realize this post was older. Too late for Plan B.
    CallMeBel disagrees: I posted less than 48 hours later, you can take Plan B up to 72 hours later, you even said yourself.
    Thanks for the reddie, but as you read, after you criticized my answer, it is too late for plan b. This is why it is important to read the post in its entirety before disagreeing with someone.

If you had read it correctly in the beginning you would have read that the post was posted on the 4th, the OP had sex on the 2nd, and this being the 6th is too late for plan b.

Thanks again for the unwarranted reddie.
    Diehardrocks92 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2009, 06:05 PM
    OK honestly your just going to have to wait till your next period and if you miss that then talk to your mam there is no reason to panick her and get yourself into a lot of trouble before your positive and I'm 16 years old to and in my oppion you were a very stupid girl to have sex with some one you didn't know that well but that was your choice and no one has a right to tell you that you were wrong to make it.So try not to worry till you miss that period it sounds to me that you just regret having sex in the first place so relaxe and deal with the pregnancy when/if it becomes definite xxxxxx
    Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Diehardrocks92 disagrees: she had sex with another virgin the chances of an STD are slim 2 none
    And you know for a fact that he was telling her the truth? He was basically a stranger after all.

I'm just pointing out the risks of risky sexual behavior.
    SDGRIFFIN Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2009, 04:09 PM

Did he finish in you? If so there is a very good chance . I took one time with me and my husband he finished in me and we had our baby girl.. not trying to freak you out or anything.. I wish you the best of luck with all of this
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:30 PM
    We can complicate it all we want with stupid reddies and childish disagrees...

The honest truth is "yes" you can become pregnant. Doesn't mean you are. My wife became pregnant while religiously tracking her fertility AND while using birth control.

"oops" happens.

And as for the noise about his being a virgin and STD's... sorry. Doesn't fly.

A person can have std's from other sexual play... and, as stated, not all people tell the truth when it comes to getting another in the sack.

No one person can say with any certainty that one time sex is low risk. Its ignorant and irresponsible.

A woman can ovulate "irregularly" after her period and sperm can "live" in a moist environment for a few days... while it might be "less likely" than other situations, I have no confidence in telling any young girl

"go ahead and have unprotected sex two days after your period. you are safe"

So... if I'm not willing to do that, then I'm willing to state "yes, you might be pregnant, or not"... nobody here can predict the reality of your specific situation.

Wish I could. Id make a ton of coin if I could just read a post and determine "yes you are" or "no you are not" based on posts alone.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Here is a good thread about both people being virgins...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...in-339612.html
    MrsB2009 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SDGRIFFIN View Post
    did he finish in you? if so there is a very good chance . i took one time with me and my husband he finished in me and we had our baby girl.. not trying to freak u out or anything.. i wish u the best of luck with all of this
    FYI, even if a man doesn't ejaculate inside of a female there is still a chance of becoming pregnant. Because during having intercourse there is something called Pre-.

(Pre- (precum) or pre-ejaculatory fluid is a clear, mucus-like liquid that can be expelled through the urethra and out of the tip of the penis during male sexual arousal. It is secreted from the Cowper glands, and may contain both sperm and STDs. There is no way to control pre-, and the amount can vary from man to man and situation to situation.

Hope this helps...

Apr 14, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsB2009 View Post
    FYI, even if a man doesn't ejaculate inside of a female there is still a chance of becoming pregnant. Because during the course of having intercourse there is something called Pre-.

(Pre- (precum) or pre-ejaculatory fluid is a clear, mucus-like liquid that can be expelled through the urethra and out of the tip of the penis during male sexual arousal. It is secreted from the Cowper glands, and may contain both sperm and STDs. There is no way to control pre-, and the amount can vary from man to man and situation to situation.

Hope this helps....
    FYI yes I know that you can get pregnant even if he don't finish in you.. . The point I was saying is there is a BIGGER chance if he did!!
    Hope this helps...
    MrsB2009 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SDGRIFFIN View Post
    FYI yes i know that u can get pregnant even if he dont finish in you.. . the point i was saying is there is a BIGGER chance if he did!!!
    hope this helps...........
    Just so you know the odds are still the same whether a man finishes in you or not. You are still playing russian roulette with getting pregnant and getting STD's. Read before you judge me...

Apr 15, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsB2009 View Post
    Just so you know the odds are still the same whether a man finishes in you or not. You are still playing russian roulette with getting pregnant and getting STD's. Read before you judge me....
    I'm not judging u!! U were judging replying acting like I don't know anything about becoming pregnant or having sex. I know the odds of when and how you can get pregnant. I have 2 kids trust me!! Don't treat me like I'm 2!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Why am I not pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend 5 years and have tried to have a baby for the last 2 years and no baby:confused: what can I do ? :( :rolleyes:

View more questions Search