Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Feb 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Kill the ants!
    There are ants! Everywhere, in my bedroom and thsts it, and I am TERRIFIED of ants. How can I get rid of them, Quick, they are crawling up my walls, and on my desk, and everywhere.
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME:(
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Feb 14, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Have you thought about ant bait traps, they contain a type of bait that are scented to draw the ants to them and once they enter they won't come out. I've used them for years and there brilliant, you should be able to buy them at your local gardening centre.

Feb 15, 2009, 10:59 AM

Do they actually get rid of them though?
    I want them gone.
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Feb 15, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Yeah it does, I put them in my garden and in my kitchen, they go in and eat the bait and it kills them there and then, if any of the ants return to there nest, they bring the bait back with them as it clings to there bodies.

Before I came across those bait traps I used another remedy, which killed dozens of ants in my kitchen, I put a jam jar which had about 4 tablespoons of jam in the bottom and jam around the rim to attract them, they ended up going in and then get stuck on the jam and die. I woke up the next day and there were dozens of them dead, you could try that cheap remedy first. The traps are a clean and easy solution.

Feb 15, 2009, 11:57 AM

They actually get stuck in the jam! That's awsome I am going to try that.

Also going out to buy traps today for them.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 05:24 PM
    The main problem with baits and traps is that if you use them inside then the ants will still be coming inside before they're trapped. They come inside because one little scout found something tasty or wet and then left a scent trail so the workers could come get the food/water and take it to the hill. The workers lay down their scent too so more workers will follow to get all of it. Getting them to leave must include disrupting their trails. The aromatic cleansers that use ammonia or chlorine do a really good job at getting rid of the scent. Pine oil seems to make it worse(or maybe they like pine oil). Once you get rid of the trails, blocking off their entry points with caulking and sealants will help keep them out. There are other things to do, but most of those involve professionals.
    serena2009 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodium View Post
    there are ants! everywhere, in my bedroom and thsts it, and i am TERRIFIED of ants. How can i get rid of them, Quick, they are crawling up my walls, and on my desk, and everywhere.
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME:(
    Com down they are just ants.. but you sem to be scared so,my mom said you can spricl grits white grits on them and they will died emeditly.. good luk!!

serena2009

Mar 26, 2009, 08:00 PM

I know they are just ants, I have a reason behind why they freak me out.
    What are grits? And please learn to spell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ants everywhere [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know a great way to get rid of ants? I have little bity ants... on my house, on my car, IN my car, in my shower, etc. They have little "holes" or tunnels in my back yard too. I have tried "Triazaphene" (sp?) but it is not working. HELP

Getting rid of ANTS! [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up yesterday to find my kitchen walls and counters covered by ants. I clean and disinfect the kitchen everyday. None of the products that I've tried have worked. Any suggestion?

Get rid of My ANTS! [ 7 Answers ]

I have ants in my bathroom and my sink. How do I get rid of them? I've put the poison on the beds, but they still thrive. Help me.:confused:

Help With Ants [ 3 Answers ]

We live in a very sandy area and have lots of leaf cutter ants. (I'm not sure that is the correct name) The ants are red and have long spidery legs. They make trails when they are searching for whatever they are going to cut down. You may have a flower bed with beautiful flowers in it today and by...

Ants [ 7 Answers ]

Does anybody know any good tips for getting rid of ants?

View more questions Search