Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massr07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Landlord wants us out in 30 days
    We live in Pennsylvania.

We work in the ministry. We've been living rent free, without a lease for 3 years in an apartment donated by a friend of our ministry. We have communicated our intention to stay here until 11/07 to our landlord and his manager. The manager assured us that it was not a problem. One week ago, the manager advised that the landlord wants us out in 30 days, because he has offered this apartment to someone else in the ministry.

While we are grateful for the use of this apartment for the last 3 years, 30 days is not enough time for us to pack, and make other living arrangements.

We've heard that in Pennsylvania we should have more time than this to leave, despite the fact that we have no lease-that even squatters get 90 days.

I posted this question to another forum. One responder said that the landlord can oust us with 30 days written notice.

Can anyone shed some light here on our rights?

Thanks
    brooks Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Sorry, but 30 days is good enough in PA for a M2M tenant.
    The 90 day notice applies to tenants with 1 year or more leases and squatters can be thrown out in a matter of hours in small towns. A little longer I assume in large cities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Bad landlord [ 3 Answers ]

Should I refuse to pay rent if landlord is not being responsible about making repairs

Am I a Landlord? [ 7 Answers ]

I invited my 25 year old daughter and her small children to come to my house and live after they were homeless in Florida in the fall of 2004. They arrived in March of 2005. Since moving in she and her small children have ruined my carpet, walls and one toilet. They are slobs and she hasn't...

F1 to H1 - just 5 days on F1 [ 6 Answers ]

To Atlantataxexpert I have followed your posts on this forum and request your advice on my case. I am an Indian citizen working on H1B. My H1 started on Jan 6, 2005 and I was on OPT (F1) from Jan 1 to Jan 5, 2005, I was outside the US from Dec 5 to Dec 31, 2005. If I am not wrong, I pass the...

Three days late! [ 2 Answers ]

Well I just wanted to thank all of you for your support all the times I had questions. I took a hpt today and... positive... Yes! Chery I'm going to the dr. as soon as I can get in. (I just knew you would say something) I will keep you all posted. I hope that this isn't a false positive and I...

View more questions Search