Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanessa9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 02:13 AM
    Cat gave birth and is still bleeding and now has diarrhea
    My cat Cleo just had her 3rd litter of kittens yesterday. She had 8 cute healthy kittens as far as I can see. This time though she bled a lot and is still bleeding. It has now been almost 48 hours and she leaves a trail of blood where ever she has been. I have washed her bedding 3 times already and it still keeps getting blood splotches everywhere. I noticed today that she now has diarrhea quite bad also, she uses the litter box every half hour or so and its brite orange. After she uses the litter box she crawls away slowly and hides in the laundry room down stairs for 20minutes or so then comes back to her kittens to feed. She is drinking plenty of water but not eating very much. Should I take her to the vet? Im very worried, her past 2 pregnancies went very well so this is way off for her. Also, How soon can you get a cat spayed after she has given birth?
    steph1216 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2009, 03:38 AM
    VERY IMPORTANT! TAKE YOUR CAT TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY! She has ripped her uterus badly. She will die if you don't take her. She is already developing an infection which will require antibiotics and surgery. My kitty just went through this and she almost died. Please take your CAT TO THE VET ASAP!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessa9 View Post
    Should I take her to the vet?
    How would you feel if you were bleeding uncontrollably, had diarrhea and was in pain and your parents or partner said "well she had a drink, lets not take her to the doctor yet"
    steph1216 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2009, 08:17 PM

I must know... Is your kitty OK? Did you take her to the vet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat bleeding after giving birth (1 day) [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday (thanksgiving) my cat gave birth to four kittens, one didn't make it. The mom has been doing great, but is now slightly more aggitated, keeps leaving the 'nest', She always goes back and has been eating well. But she is also bleeding from her vaginal area. I know it is normal to bleed...

Just gave birth, am I pregnant again? [ 5 Answers ]

I gave birth Sept 2 2008, I think I got my period da last week in November. I have not had one since, and I also took 3 pregnancy test and they came back negative does this mean I'm pregnant and if not is there something wrong with me?

Just gave birth and lump around nipples [ 2 Answers ]

My cat gave birth this morning and I notice that around her nipples there is a lump and the nipples are hardly noticiable can someone please help me why this is so?

Birth control and bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question. I just had a baby via c - section 7 weeks ago. I bled for 4 weeks continuously and finally stopped bleeding for a week. Then I started bleeding again and assumed this was my period and started Yasmin birth control the Sunday after the bleeding started. Well -- I don't know if...

Dog just gave birth [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had four puppies three days ago but she won't eat anything but cheerios. I tried everything mixing the cheerios with dog food, dry and soft. My vet said she need all the food she can get because she is feeding the puppies. She needs to it other healthy stuff too. What can I do? Please...

View more questions Search