Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Starby, beggars can't be choosers. :)
    Okay... okay..! :o Starby bows down to picture poster. :p
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:50 PM

Well, Alty, I think you have a beautiful family. And my guess is that it isn't lacking in any way.

But now I'm going to play really dirty: Isn't there a cat in a steel cage that needs a home? That needs to be part of a family and loved and treated better than many adopted cats end up being treated? Would a bif thumping kitty heart add something to the love that already binds your family together?

I could go on, but now I really am starting to feel like a jerk. I'll stop pushing. But if you do decide to look into Maine Coons let me know. I've been living with one for a little over eight years, so I can offer a little insight.

Okay, one last try: Pleeeaaase!

I'm good. It's out of my system.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 10:57 PM

Oy, I feel guilt, going to go to shelter, feeling guilt. Bad Akoue, bad boy.

YBABBNGTMR! :)

Got to run kids.

Later.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 5, 2009, 11:17 PM

What lovely babies! The black and white dog in the first pic look like one of my aunts recently departed dogs, and could Chewy be any cuter? We nearly had a heart attack today when a beagle following its nose, oblivious to anything but whatever smell it was after tracked right across a busy highway, we were able to slow down enough to miss it thankfully, and I really hope it didn't go back on the road. That wasn't a spot where you could stop and turn around, and it had a collar so it couldn't have been far from home.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    What lovely babies! The black and white dog in the first pic look like one of my aunts recently departed dogs, and could Chewy be any cuter?! We nearly had a heart attack today when a beagle following its nose, oblivious to anything but whatever smell it was after tracked right across a busy highway, we were able to slow down enough to miss it thankfully, and I really hope it didn't go back on the road. That wasn't a spot where you could stop and turn around, and it had a collar so it couldn't have been far from home.
    Poor little guy. I hope he/she made it home safe and sound.

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2009, 11:33 PM

I don't know what happened... I meant to post this, after I wrote my last post! ;)

... my computer is screwing up!

Mar 6, 2009, 12:51 AM

I still don't see how Snoopy from the Peanuts is a beagle. Kind of off topic, but then again this thread hasn't been on topic for what, 10-15 pages?
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Mar 6, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Good man! ;) Your chi does look like a cutey! I don't think I could have a chihuahua becuase of the way my dogs play. They get rough and tumble with each other and with a tiny dog one playful pounce could really hurt the little thing. I admit I am pretty fond of the long haired ones though! Don't see them much around here.
    Sorry, I didn't back on yesterday. Yeah I am so afraid when we take Marley for a walk because we live by big dogs. I am overprotective of him... my fiancé hates it, but he is so tiny that he is like a treat to them.

Mar 6, 2009, 01:38 PM

Sorry, I didn't back on yesterday. Yeah I am so afraid when we take Marley for a walk because we live by big dogs. I am overprotective of him... my fiancé hates it, but he is so tiny that he is like a treat to them.
    Its better to be safe then sorry! When my husband was working on one ladies air conditioner she told him about her chi's near death experience. She was walking her dog when a hawk swooped down and snatched him up. Then began the struggle because the dog was leashed. The lady held on with all of her worth until the large bird gave up on its prize. Even still the chi had to be rushed to the vet for serious wounds from those talons. The dog survived, but only because it was on a leash.

Mar 6, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Its better to be safe then sorry! When my husband was working on one ladies air conditioner she told him about her chi's near death experience. She was walking her dog when a hawk swooped down and snatched him up. Then began the struggle becuase the dog was leashed. The lady held on with all of her worth until the large bird gave up on its prize. Even still the chi had to be rushed to the vet for serious wounds from those talons. The dog survived, but only becuase it was on a leash.
    Now I am going to be even more over protective of him!!

Mar 6, 2009, 01:53 PM

Now don't get me wrong, danger isn't at every turn. If you get yourself too tense your dog will pick up on it and he too will get tense. The best thing to do is just be wary of your surrounding without freaking the little guy out. If you live in a more urbanized area then it is much less likely for a bird of prey to eye your pup.

Mar 6, 2009, 02:02 PM

I know. We live in an area that was just built. We have our townhome section, family home second, and condo section. We are right next to cornfields and everything else!!

Mar 11, 2009, 11:57 PM

Well guys, I have terrible news. :( Remember that beagle we saw sniffing across the road a short while back? I had been keeping an eye out for him since then, but I hadn't seen him-until today. He was hit and killed right by where I saw him last. It makes me so sad and furious, at his owners for consistently letting their dog get out near a busy highway, at myself even. Maybe if I had done something more the last time I saw him. I just don't know. He didn't deserve that. No dog does.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 12, 2009, 12:10 AM

Awwww, that's so sad! I wonder who these moronic owners were? They had to have known that the dog would get hit sooner or later. Poor little guy. :(
    Kati-Katt Posts: 77, Reputation: -2

Mar 12, 2009, 12:11 AM

How about Fluffles?
    x]
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 12, 2009, 12:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kati-Katt View Post
    How about Fluffles?
    x]
    Kati Katt, will you PLEASE read back before answering questions here please!! The dog was named Bela a month ago! For crying out loud, how many times do we have to tell people. This should be a very simple thing to do! :rolleyes:
    R-J-S-InLove Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 12:36 AM

Ana call your puppy "BEAUTY"...

Beauty as in the beauty of the relation that you share with Danny...

Beauty as in the beautiful, living friend that you are going to gift him...

I am sure he'l like her...

All the Best dear...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 12, 2009, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by R-J-S-InLove View Post
    Ana call ur puppy "BEAUTY".....

beauty as in the beauty of the relation that u share with Danny....

beauty as in the beautiful, living friend that u r gonna gift him.......

I am sure he'l like her...

All the Best dear.....
    Holy Mother of God! Do you people NOT READ?? Did you even read the answer above yours? Can you read? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

THE DOGS NAME IS BELA!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 12, 2009, 12:42 AM

I would also like to add, as stated over 200 posts ago, that it is NEVER a good idea to get a puppy as a gift!
    R-J-S-InLove Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 12:42 AM

Sorry...
    Did not read because the page did not load properly...

I can read

Only my browser played some mischief with me...

M really so very sorry

Nice Name Bela...

Sorry once again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Puppy trying to go back home? Puppy Attatchment? [ 8 Answers ]

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FAAhWpUtQZk/RuRyYXJT6-I/AAAAAAAAABE/oFHBuJrtsyU/s1600-h/buddahs.jpg Photo can also be seen at buddahs.jpg (image) Above a photo of Johnny Cash (jack russell mix). Someone gave me this dog mid August when she was 2 months old. I had her from mid August till the end of...

My Baby girl Marley.(puppy) [ 1 Answers ]

My dog's name is Malrey she is My baby and I want her to be happy and healthy, but.. :( Thursday, I gave her food (as normal) before I left to go somewhere (I would be gone for a day) I came back Friday, and noticed she didn't eat her food, so I thought well, maybe she wasn't hungry because she ate...

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

View more questions Search