Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whatever24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 9, 2009, 04:34 PM
    My best friend needs me and I want to be there for her so.
    I know it's long, but dont go back yet - It's worth reading and would be very helpful if i just get some answers<3

My best friend had been going out with her boyfriend now ex for 3 whole years. A little before their 2 years he started treating her like TOTAL crap and when i mean total i mean like when they had little arguments he would call her every bad word in the book and at the end she would still kiss a$$ and say sorry even though sometimes it would his fault. After their two years, she started to notice something going on with him, like if there was another girl.

Then she slowly started to investigate and find out through friends what was going on. Some started saying that there was this girl in physical fittness that was known as a ehm ehm and that she would flirt with him constantly and would have tickle fights and he would grab her and stuff. So when she found this out she confronted him and hell broke loose! he denied everything, but that same day they were talking he had another line and accidentally put my friend on the phone. It was the girl she had been hearing about and he answers "hey cutie let me call you back when im done with andrea." so when he goes back to her she asks "oh who was that?" and he's like "oh no my friend called to ask for hw." and she's like oh reallly?!?! are you sure if wasn't the girl in your p.e class??!??!?! so he got super mad at her and once again cursed her out and broke up with her (mind you her birthday was the next day) so she cried the wholeee night and she couldn't take it, when she comes in to school, she see's everyone in shock because andrea's boyfriend was up and down the school with this girl.

He had asked the girl out on andrea's birthday, the next day. So andrea, devastated went bolisitic and fell into a serious depression. This went on for 3 weeks. So then the karma comes, and he starts running back to her. He tells her eveything in the "i want to get her back" book and she falls for him again! so they get back together, but before getting back together she asked him if he did anything with the girl and they did everything except sex :eek: That totally devastated her even more. Also, she made a painting of them two that took her a month and she asked him what he did with it and he threw it away in the garbage that goes around the houses!:( my best friend was totally hurt and throughout this, ALLLLL of her friends were there for her at least and even some of his friends turned their back on him and became her friend and helped her throughout her situation. While he was trying to get her back he said he would go out with her anywhere to be together. When they got back together, he went back to being a dry blah guy, none of the promises that he said happened and im not kidding that almost 3 times out of the 7 day week, she would call me crying. he had NOOO respect for her whatsoever!:mad: all of her friends including me didn't like him after what he did and couldnt believe she took him back!:eek:

But anyhow, throughout the time they were back together, she always planned everythingg and always had to make weekend plans and always worried about what was going on in the relationship. She through a surprise party for him on his birthday and the next day it was their 3 year and he still didnt give her anything or planned anything! she went over his house, and sat there watching him and his cousin play playstation.

She got tired of it and all of her friends and me were telling her she had to let go! Then this really nice guy she talked to way before her boyfriend came along one day and they started hanging out. He started picking her up from school, got her a valentines day gift once they were "talking" for a month and took her out and made her feel appreciated. She broke up with this guy and he took it REALLY BAD and when i say REALLY bad i mean REALLY bad!

He cried forever, like if the world was going to end! it's been about 3 weeks and he is still after her but he doesnt know about this other guy. Her and the other guy are kinda just friends but they still flirt. however, her ex has now done incredible stuff for her, he got her a computer for her birthday and has wrote her poems and done more that probably i dont even know of but she hasnt fell for it_yet. she still loves him obviously and she cares and she hates when he calls her crying because it makes her want to cry but she doesnt want to show him that she feels bad for him. She doesnt feel the same way anymore, and she feels she needs a break and a lot of time to think about everything.

Do you think this guy deserves another chance or should she move on to better? ALL opinions will be very appreciated and i know it will really help my best friend. She's in a very confused position and i try giving her the best advice but i wanna see what the experts have to say about this :p

Thank you so much for your time! :o
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 05:00 PM

I think her first BF obviously didn't respect her so she is far better off without him.

The second guy was probably a Rebound , someone who was there for her in her time of emotional need. You don't say why she dumped him so I'm going to just assume she wasn't really into him.

What she needs to do is get away from the 1st BF and be single for a few months and get over him , then she will be in a better emotional state to decide if she wants to go out with the 2nd guy. I would also tell her to tell the 2nd guy that this is what she's doing and that she just needs some space at the moment to sort her life out.

Hope that helps.
    Whatever24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 9, 2009, 05:07 PM

Oh because she just couldn't take the disrespect from him and the cursing her out. So she finally stood up for herself... and that's what I told her to do, she is taking a few months to breath and be single and to not have that burden of having a boyfriend that treats her like crap, but anyhow, she did tell this other guy she needs her time and stuff and he understands but they still flirt and stuff, I think she should loose the ex but at the same time I feel bad for him... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search