Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2009, 06:52 AM
    White hard spots on face
    For the past few years Ive been getting hard white spots on my cheeks and under my eyes. They look like white heads but are really difficult to squeeze. They are under the skin and the skin has to be broken to remove them which leaves a small hole, otherwise I can leave them and after a few months they will pop out on there own. When removed the white lump/spot feels like a grain of sand. What are these, what causes them and is there an easier way to remove them. I have very sensitive skin so I can't exfoliate.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 08:03 AM

They're calcium deposits. Don't squeeze them, it'll only irritate your skin.
    ashleyhdoucette Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 08:05 AM

These sound like calcium deposits.
    I get them all the time... especially directly under my eyes, where the tissue is the softest.

Nobody really knows what causes them.

The best way that I have known to take care of them is to either have them extracted professionally (could be costly, depending on where you live) or to go out and invest in something called a rocker. It is a small metal instrument with two different ends. The end is cupped and has a hole in it. One side will be bigger then the other, but only slightly. If you go to the pharmacy and ask for one, describing what it looks like and what it is for, they should be able to help you.

I hope I've helped. :)
    atl30 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 07:28 PM
    They are called milia which look like tiny whiteheads but are not. They need to be removed by a licensed skincare professional at your local salon/spa & set up a facial treatment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to get rid of spots on face! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I'm a new member and I made myself a member because I have serious pimples and I need to get rid of them. After a pimple pops it leaves a dark spot on my face usually on my forehead and nose. I have tried cover up but I never find the right tone for me and it always looks weird and the cover up...

Little White White spots all over my arms. Monobenzone user [ 43 Answers ]

I have been using it for almost 2 weeks but not every day. I have started using it twice a day and then decided to slow it down and use it once a day. I have mixed the 20% with my body lotion and that's how I used it. At the beginning I noticed that my skin got brighter and no side effects and...

Spots on my face [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell natural method to remove black spots ,cuts ,chicken pox marks from my face... im a guy...

Spots all over my face [ 2 Answers ]

I have spots all over my face. How could I get rid of them?

I have white spots on my face! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I joined this site because I saw that you answered pretty much any type of beauty question... So, here's mine. I have these white spots on my face, my doctor said they're yeast spots:eek:! And I use this face wash to help keep the roughness down, but whenever I go out, I want to cover them up,...

View more questions Search