Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Foundation for redness
    What is the best foundation for covering REDNESS? I have Rosacea and want to be able to cover it..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 05:41 AM

This is from a website, makeupsecretsrevealed.com

Rosacea Makeup

Rosacea makeup can help you cover your rosacea to give you the clear complexion that you desire. Learn about your options here.

Makeup has been changing in the last few years. More companies are offering several lines of cosmetics regarding the ingredients.

In fact most of the makeup companies have begun to make mineral makeup and organic makeup for individuals who prefer natural over synthetic material.

Another reason for changing the face of the cosmetic industry is the sensitivity to synthetic makeup. Many women have trouble with acne, skin irritation, and allergies when the makeup is created in a lab from non-natural ingredients. When you suffer from a condition called rosacea you have very sensitive skin.

Rosacea is defined by a flushing and redness of the skin. Sometimes, those with rosacea will appear to be blushing, while more severe cases look extremely dry and red. Women want to cover up this problem with makeup, but have found there are several makeup products on the shelves that irritate the condition making it worse when they don't have makeup on.

To fight rosacea there are several medication creams or natural creams you can use to lessen the effects. You can also purchase rosacea makeup to help you cover up the condition without harming your skin. Makeup for rosacea is going to be mineral based. In other words, it should be created with all natural ingredients.

You want a mineral makeup for rosacea because it is lighter than other makeup products. Other foundations are going to cause skin irritation and possibly breakouts as a result of air not reaching your pores and dirt getting in them.

With the light weight mineral makeup for rosacea, you are leaving your pores and skin cells to breath, but covering up the redness of the skin. You will also find that the makeup for rosacea with a mineral base is not shinny. You can also have mineral makeup for your eyes, blush, and even eye shadow.

The companies that create makeup for rosacea keep your skin sensitivities in mind when they create the products. You can find the mineral Rosacea makeup products in your local stores or online to help you cover up the redness.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 18, 2009, 11:23 AM

There are green bases you can purchase from most make up counters. You apply this base to the areas of redness and then apply your normal foundation over it. Green counteracts red.
    Vision Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 02:19 PM

Thank you guys for the fantastic advice!
    atl30 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Foundations have 2 different undertones, a peachy undertone and a yellowy undertone. To hide redness you would want to get a foundation with a yellow under tone instead of the peach undertone. The yellow undertone will help to balance out your complexion
    Vision Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 01:08 PM

How do I go about finding one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under eye redness [ 2 Answers ]

About 5 months ago I have started to have a really bright redness under my eyes. I would say its a lot like dark circles except its a lot brighter. Shortly after it was followed by under eye bags. Does anyone know the cause or treatment to get rid of it? I have tried all of the "natural" remedies...

Redness and Freckles [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reduce the redness of my complexion and bring out my freckles? I want to make them more prominent.

Unknown Redness [ 4 Answers ]

The other night I had sex with this girl. About 45 minutes later I went into the bathroom and noticed that there was a small red spot, smaller than a centimeter, that was on my scrotum, and a little bit of redness trail up the bottom of my penis. So I took some soap and washed it a few times and it...

Vaginal redness [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am in need of help badly!! My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 yrs now in September and today we just had sex and my vagina was burning after he ejaculated in me and now my whole private part down there is all red and it burns well not now after I had a shower but even when I...

Covering redness [ 1 Answers ]

My skin can get pretty sensitive to heat, temperature change, stress, as well as the usual embarrassment factor. It's an extreme case of flushing in those kinds of situations. Anyway, is there something that I can buy (that is inexpensive) and use to cover up the blotchy redness? I get it on my...

View more questions Search