Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotcakesnsyrup Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 03:12 PM
    What can I do?
    I found out the other day, my ex apparently got my checking account number, and he isn't using it, but he is handing it out to people. I I got a bit of money saved up in it, but is the only thing I can do is close the account and re-open a new one? I mean what exactly can I do without there being a hassle of trying to move my money?
    bugsbugme Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 04:06 PM

Contact your bank and follow their direction. They are the experts.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 06:51 PM

If it makes you feel better, immediately close that account and open a different account at another bank. If you don't do this the present bank could "give" your funds to an authorized person and then you will have to fight to get your money returned. Better safe than sorry I say. I would say that there would be a lot of hassle trying to get it back versus just moving it elsewhere. Are you that lazy that you would risk all your money in a bank that the ex has been handing out your account number to other people?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 07:50 PM

I'm with Twinkie on this, it'd be WAY easier to set up a new account now rather than try to fight to get your money back later. And c'mon, setting up a bank account takes what like 15 min?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search