Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Doctor thinks I'm pregnant, yet negative tests!
    Hi, I went to the doctors at the start February 2009, as I was feeling a bit rough, I had left it a week before I went as if I'm ill, I'm usually better by the seventh day. This has been going on since the 2nd feb. I nearly fainted at work, I felt sick, dizzy and very queasy and I'm not one to faint. I was worried about this so went to the doctors, they told me to do a pregnancy test, so I did and it came bk negative, I had unprotected sex and skipped my period. Since my boobs have changed a lot, I now have quite dark rings round the aerols area, my nipples have gone quite dark, I have tender boobs and a tender stomach. I also feel queasy and dizzy a lot, my stomachs swollen, I'm eating more and weeing more frequently and I'm very tired. I decided to go bk to the doctors as I'm still feeling quite rough, the doctor I seen this time gave me a full examination and came up with three things, I either have a womb infection which makes no sense to me as I've never had a std, I haven't got any children, I haven't had a abortion and I've neva had a miscarriage, the second was a water infection, but I have no pain when I urinate. The third is that I'm pregnant. I asked him if he had to choose which one would he think, he said if he had to bet on it, he would bet that I'm pregnant. The problem is I've done three tests and all negative, I would only be 7 weeks though and my mums didn't show up till after she was two months gone. My doctor has given me a blood test to get done, which I'm going up for tomorro, I've also had family members and people at work tell me I look pregnant and that I'm carrying at the front, I don't mind if I am or not, but I would just like to know why I'm feeling so rough, Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 01:43 PM

You'll find out with the blood test. If it is negative they will look into other possible causes. Some women do find it takes longer than others to get a positive result on a urine test.

Feb 22, 2009, 02:34 PM

Oh right, well I've even had people at work ask if I am and they haven't known that I might be as I haven't mentioned it, I'm just hoping I am because it would be really nice. Alsomy partners getting a bit excited, so am I. how long do the blood tests take to get back?
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 02:51 PM

It will depend on where you have it done. Sometimes you may get the results in a couple of days, sometimes a week or so. Fingers crossed!

Feb 22, 2009, 03:02 PM

Thanks, it wouldn't be a phantom one would it? I mean I haven't been longing for a baby and I haven't been worried about falling pregnant and it doesn't run in my family,but itsa the only other thing that would make sense, but now that all this is happening, I have such a great partner that I would be very happy to be having his baby and I know he would support me fully
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 03:18 PM

Most likely not... it is uncommon and is associated with someone who is really wanting to be pregnant. With the skipped period, and other symptoms, it points to a possible pregnancy, but again you'll have to find out for sure when you have the blood test done. You could try a couple more urine tests at home if you wanted to while you wait for the blood test results to see what results you get. When you go in tomorrow, ask how long it will take before you get the results.

Feb 22, 2009, 03:20 PM

Yea I'm going too, I'm having to get it done at my local hospital as they won't do it at the doctors. But I'm really hoping I am, would be nice to tell people. I'm glad you don't think it's a phantom as I was a bit worried about that, that's reassured me a bit. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to be pregnant after 3 negative tests? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all... :D I'm new here and I need some advice. In August I found out I was pregnant and my fiancé and I were so happy but at 9 weeks I had a miscarriage. It was devastating. :( I have only been pregnant that one time and really hadn't noticed until I had horrible mood swings. Now we are...

Pregnant 2 negative tests symptoms? [ 2 Answers ]

I started having nauseas and headaches for a week than it stopped and I was really tired and sleepy for the second week and just this week I took a pregnancy test came negative twice last week I took 2 and came negative and I was supposed to get my period on nov.24 Could I be pregnant?? I feel...

5 negative tests then a positave am I pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I need a bit of help I had my last period on 14 August so I am about 20 days late I have all the symthoms of being pregnant like needing the loo more feeling very hungrey and very tired I took 5 hpt and they can up negative and I also went to the doctors and there test came up negative ( the...

Can I be pregnant and have negative urine tests? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, This is my first time using this site. I am in need of answers, so please anyone that would be able to give me an answer is welcome. I am 30 years old, and I already have a 7 year old boy. I have a boyfriend that I have been seeing for a while. We had unprotected sex once. I...

Could I be pregnant after two negative home tests? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 18 years old, I am married, and on January I had a miscarriage.well after the miscarriage I got my period in march.since then I have had regular periods as always except for this month.this month I was supposed to get it on the 8th and its already the 14th and still no sign(I have always...

View more questions Search