Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kahunabr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 02:28 PM
    10 week old labrador puppy
    My puppy started on Science diet food from the people my son received the puppy from. I started changing him over to pedigree from purina. He threw up last week one day and I gave him some pepto bismo and it settled his stomach and he was eating regular again. I only work weekends and I have to let the neighbors watch him. I don't know what goes on but he has been throwing up and having diarrhea all day yesterday. Today he wasn't interested in eating and when he finally did about an hour later he threw it all up. What can I do? My vet appointment is not until February 9,2009. I can't afford the appointment until then. Is there anything I can do until then?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 04:19 PM

How did you switch the food? Did you do it slowly, starting with half the old diet and half the new diet and then gradually upping the new?

It could be that he's having a reaction to the new food. Dogs can have allergies too.

Is he lethargic, refusing to eat, losing weight, not drinking? Does he have a fever?

We need a bit more info.
    lucytwo2 Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 04:39 PM

We got our lab when she was 9 weeks old.She was eating Iams food.Then we switched to another brand but did so by using half of one food and half of the new food.Their stomachs are really touchy for the first few months.My husband gave her 1 piece of pepperoni and she had diarrhea for 2 days.Just don't give her anything but puppy food.Its like giving a 3 month old baby hot wings to eat.Their stomach is not strong enough.Give the food in small amounts 3 times a day then down to 2 times a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to house train our labrador puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Our 3 month old labrador puppy is having a hard time becoming house trained. We take him out very often, especially right whenever he wakes up in the morning or from a nap. If its nice outside we put him on a chain for a little while so he can play outside, but as soon as he gets back in he will...

8 week old labrador! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought an 8 week old labrador from a very ligit breeder. All paperwork was handed to me and shots are up to date. I have had one dog in the past but this is my first experience with training/raising a puppy! I'm not completely clueless but again I have little experience with puppies....

My Labrador puppy will get lost in my garden! :O [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting a 7 week old Labrador puppy on Saturday, and I have been reading about house breaking! I read that you need to make sure your Labrador has a place to go pee - in your garden! I have a pretty large garden but there is only a grass section in the middle bit, which you can't see from the...

Potty Training my 12-week Labrador [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new 12-week old lab puppy who is having some housebreaking issues. At weeks 10 and 11 he was sleeping through the night fine and waking up at about 6 to eat and go the bathroom. Over the past two weeks he gets up at 1am, 3am, and then again at 6am. When we let him out at 1am and 3am, he...

Is my labrador puppy sleeping too much? [ 3 Answers ]

Is my labrador puppy sleeping too much?

View more questions Search