Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    showtyruz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 04:52 AM
    What do I do I am a obsessed girlfriend
    I love my boyfriend but I am afraid if he leaves me or gets snatched away from me
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 04:55 AM
    I think that maybe you should get a restraining order on yourself. To prevent you from seeing him. You need to see a counselor because being so jealous and so obsessed will only hurt you and everybody around you.

The more jealous you become, the more obsessed you become then I would say there is a 100 percent chanch you will push this guy away and for good. Into somebody else's arm. This has nothing to do with him, but with you.

So Counseling if you truly want to figure out what is causing you to feel so jealous. Get to the root of the problem and hopefully learn to deal with life situations differently then you have.

Best of luck.

Joe
    tishee_76 Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Hi showtyruz

I admire your admittance, you are whole lot closer to figuring out a solution if you can recognise a problem..
    Jesushelper76 gives you a great answer and I would suggest for you to be so wound up about it, the problem could be deeply seeded.. so it may be hard to deal with it yourself..

As for your relationship at present..
    You really must treat others the same way you would like to be treated, even when it's hard to do..
    I believe with introspection you will figure where your problems stem from and fix them instead of band-aiding the symptom..

You have looked for answers and that's the hardest step sometimes, I do wish you all the strength you need to take the next step, counselling..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Glad that you recognise the problem, and getting help to guide you through the process of dealing with it, is the way to go.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Mar 19, 2007, 07:19 AM
    I too am glad that you recognize the problem and want to get help. I agree that you should see a therapist or counselor and try to get to the root of the problem. It sounds like you feel a little insecure about the relationship and how he feels about you. Before I met my husband I too was insecure in relationships. Maybe you need to take some time away from him to figure out why you need him so much.
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2008, 07:16 PM

Im the same with my boyfriend sometimes, I obsess over him being friends with his ex, even though he spends most off his time at my house, I obsess over silly things, but mostly I'm scared off someone taking him away from me, I've been hurt in the past and I think because off this and because my boyfriend is the most amazing guy, I already know I want to marry him, but I do get very scared in case someone takes him off me, then I go defensive and get silly, I even worry if he doesn't text me for a day. But its not that he doesn't care, its just he's busy. Its hard I know, but you just have to hang on in there. Goodluck x
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 06:58 AM

You got to learn to love and value yourself. I think once you can truly do this you won't be afraid of someone being "taken" from you.
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2008, 01:15 PM

You know what I totally agree, sometimes its more about you than your boyfriend,
    Badchoices Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 08:55 PM
    I am obsessed so I sympathize with you. I have a girlfriend. I am also married. So I am a real dilemma. I fell in love with my girlfriend and she originally said that we would move together. She changed her mind and doesn't know what she wants and says that sometimes she loves me and sometimes she's not so sure. I nearly lost everything over her. Now, this weekend, I told her we would meet on Monday to talk about all of this but that we both needed a break and not to text or to call each other. So we haven't in the past 8 hours, but now I feel like I am withdrawal from drugs. I want to write or call, but know that I shouldn't. The sorry part is that I know I care for her a lot more than she cares for me and I wonder if she is fooling around with anyone else. Anyone contemplating having a girlfriend on the side, do yourselves a favor... don't. It's not worth it. It's painful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Obsessed to get pregnant [ 49 Answers ]

I will be 19 years old in 3 weeks and I've been obsessed with getting pregnant. I've been wanting a baby since I was 16. Sometimes I look at my stomach and pretend I'm pregnant. I put myself in some fantasy world. I'm just wondering if this has happened to any other person and how I can deal with...

Obsessed with weight [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 23. And obsessed with the way I look. I weigh 150pounds and 5.5ft. I hate the way I look and I want to change myself all the time! About a year ago I weighed 260lbs and lost all of the weight. But still I want to drop even more weight! I am so obsessed with it that I am even using pills with...

I am obsessed about getting pregnant. [ 36 Answers ]

First I'll start by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and...

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

Help, I'm obsessed! [ 2 Answers ]

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE do so! I had braces for seven years. It's been three years since I had them taken off, and it has totally reshaped my mouth. Now, I have very crooked lips. My corners just don't line up anymore. So, for the past three years, needless to say, I have had to "reshape" my...

View more questions Search