Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Dec 12, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Redish urine?
    Hello there, my girl friend and I were mucking around and when she got home she said; she urinated a slight reddish color. And she didn't think it was her period because the liquid wast thick enough...

It had happened twice, at one time it was slight reddish and another time it was distinctive...

I'm quite worried and don't know why this has happened, what could it be?
    (we are both virgins).

-thank you:o
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:44 AM

Has she mentioned having any pain with it? Backache? Feeling like she needs to go to the bathroom frequently? Sometimes having a UTI or bladder infection will result in reddish urine.

Dec 12, 2008, 04:29 PM
    She said she has a period smell? (I don't know what that means.. ) and she says her stomach does hurt and that her backs been hurting a little yesterday..

And the redish urine has not stopped and it is the second day..

Why is this?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 04:41 PM

It is possible it can be food related. Red beets will sometimes cause red urine.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:07 PM

Is it coming out like the flow of a period, or only when she is urinating? What do you mean by mucking around? Could she have had some vaginal irritation? That would be another possible reason.
    If she is due for her period, it could just be an off period. If it is happening only when she urinates, she should probably be seen by her doctor to check for a possible urinary tract infection.

Dec 12, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Yeah.. apparently she had some juice which had beet in it or something. And I looked online and some of the causes for blood in urine was hematuria and something to do with kidneys but apparently that was painful. And she has non of that. I even told her to do this quiz thing but it didn't help much either..

What could it be that lasted two days? Has anyone had any similar experiences.

-thank you

Dec 12, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Is it coming out like the flow of a period, or only when she is urinating? What do you mean by mucking around? Could she have had some vaginal irritation? That would be another possible reason.
    If she is due for her period, it could just be an off period. If it is happening only when she urinates, she should probably be seen by her doctor to check for a possible urinary tract infection.
    No, she said it only comes when she urinates. Mucking around in a sense where no intercourse or direct stimulation was involved . Are urinary tract infections serious? And it could be possibility for her to have vaginal irritation or even an off period but that would cause thick liquid to flow through but in her case it doesn't (only when she urinates).

-thank you
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:23 PM

Certainly if it is a bladder infection she could have it for two days, and more. Maybe her period is just getting ready to start... but she really should see her doctor if she is concerned and not sure what the cause may be. We can only guess at possibilities... some would be of no concern, others would benefit from treatment.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice can be helpful for many women with bladder infections, but since she is not sure what it might be from, have her see her doctor.

Dec 12, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Certainly if it is a bladder infection she could have it for two days, and more. Maybe her period is just getting ready to start.....but she really should see her doctor if she is concerned and not sure what the cause may be. We can only guess at possibilities....some would be of no concern, others would benefit from treatment.
    Mmm yeah.. but in general is it cause for concern? She wants to wait another day or so before doing anything.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:32 PM

Generally they are more of an annoyance for most woman, and while they are fairly common, they do need to be treated so that they don't result in a more serious infection. Again, since she isn't sure that this is what it is from, she needs to have it checked out.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:35 PM

Wanted to add, in case she is anxious about going in, most of the time it is merely a simple urine test that will determine whether there is an infection.

Dec 12, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Generally they are more of an annoyance for most woman, and while they are fairly common, they do need to be treated so that they don't result in a more serious infection. Again, since she isn't sure that this is what it is from, she needs to have it checked out.
    thanks alot for you replies and help:), much appreciated. I'll see how it goes, thanks again.

-cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Redish brown bleeding [ 4 Answers ]

Ok last month my period was different instead of red it was redish brown. I think I'm late its usually here by now. So I figured have sex and it would force it to start. A light pink came out and immedietly stopped. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative of course I didn't use first response I...

Redish dots on my arms [ 2 Answers ]

I have red or purplish dots on my arms, what is that and how can I get rid of it?

Will brown hair dye take a redish tone out? [ 2 Answers ]

I have redish mixed with blonde highlights right now. Can Brown hair dye take that out or do you think I would have to bleach it? Here's a picture to help picture what color my hair is. Image - TinyPic - Share the Experience!™

View more questions Search