Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lois_lou Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jul 9, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Hair Dye Trauma!
    Hiya. Please can somebody help me with my hair! I dyed my hair a couple days ago with a darkish brown hair dye but it unfortunately turned out black.:eek: Black looked awful on me so two days later I decided to buy a lightening kit and dye it a lighter brown. After sticking the lightener on my hair turned a bright ginger with weird patches of bright blonde at my roots. I didn't worry too much as I was dying my hair after it anyway. So I dyed my hair a medium brown, but this came out a dark brown with a weird blondey/ginger shine to it :mad:. So the next day I decided to dye it AGAIN. This time I bought an even lighter dye, but strangely it came out a really dark brown (almost black) with a strange, horrible, ginger shine to it. My natural hair colour is a medium light brown and I really want that colour back, but I don't want to stick with the dye I've got now. I want to dye my hair as close to possible to my natural colour and let it grow out that way. Can someone please tell me the cheapest way possible to get my hair to a normal colour, or a way to strip all the dye of completely. Please help me I'm desperate! :(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 9, 2006, 05:06 PM
    I understand that you've dyed your hair 4 times in over a week. When you dye your hair excessively with box colors, your hair will be damaged and can result in uneven colors or different shades. Don't try to fix it yourself, you'll make it worse. I think it's time to head to the salon. Let the hairstylist know that they need to do a corrective color close to your original color.

Jul 10, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Ive managed to blag myself a hairdressing appointment from my dad :) so hopefully all will be good!. even though its costing £50. At the end of the day I have learned from my mistakes and I strongly advise anyone who is going to dye their hair NOT TO! And if they really must... do it at the hairdressers! It may cost a lot but you'll soon realise that its worth it in the end! Looking forward to see the result of my neew hair on Saturday YAY!:D
    Thanks again for the help xxx
    -

Jul 13, 2006, 09:26 PM
    You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that you've made an appointment to see a hairstylist. Keep me posted.

Jul 15, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Woo! Went to the hairdressers today at 11am and didn't finish till 3pm! The result was worth it though. My hair is now almost my natural colour, and it doesn't look fake either which is good, so all is sorted! X
    -

Jul 16, 2006, 10:44 PM
    That's wonderful news. I'm happy for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Two things really. 1) when I wash my hair it is very light and 'fluffy' but after maybe two days it becomes very greesy, are there any products or things I can to to help? 2) I'm not sure what the right word is but I presume you know what a quiff is? Where the hair on the front the head does...

View more questions Search