Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HELPMEPLEASE61 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Adding breaker
    How do I split or separate what is on a specific breaker? I know I would have to add another breaker but how do I go about that?
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Nov 7, 2008, 10:00 AM
    You cant. In order to change the load on a breaker coming from the house, you have to re wire that circuit and then add a breaker. For instance, you can't break up the living room plugs just by adding a breaker. U have to re wire the room into more than one circuit... Is this what you are asking?
    HELPMEPLEASE61 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Yes thank you for your response

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a 200 amp breaker pannel to feed two 100 amp pannels [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, This is my first post so I hope I do it right. This is what I got. The drop from the pole comes down to one 200 amp meter. The 200 amp meter feeds only one panel with a 100 amp input breaker and has many breakers that power the house (stove, water heater, dryer, outlets). Then it...

Bathroom GFI outlet trips breaker at breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Our house is approximately 13 years old. Each morning when both the iron and blow dryer is plugged into two separate GFI outlets in the master bathroom, the circuit will trip the 15 amp breaker in the breaker panel. Is it possible to upgrade the breaker to a 20 amp without...

Adding More Capacity? (Limited by 15A Breaker?) [ 18 Answers ]

Newbie Question: Background: My condo has a fairly open floor plan. A great number of outlets including all of the living room and dining room outlets as well as half the kitchen outlets and some bedroom outlets (those that share a wall with the kitchen) are on one 15 Amp circuit (15 Amp...

Adding a 20amp receptacle to a 15amp breaker [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I need to install a small tankless water heater (made for under the lavatory sink) for the sink in my bathroom. The specs on the water heater are: 120 Volts, 2.4kW, 20 Amps, wire size: 10AWG. My question is this... The existing bathroom outlet that I want to splice into to add this water...

Adding GFCI Breaker to Existing Subpanel [ 4 Answers ]

I want to add a GFCI breaker to an existing sub panel (used to power a hot tub) so I can have a protected outlet on my patio. However, I'm confused as to how to wire in to the existing wiring. The existing sub panel has a double pole 50A breaker with 2 hot wires (red and black) and a neutral...

View more questions Search