Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyOssewa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Menstrual Pain
    I want to know why women get menstrual pain?

Sep 23, 2008, 10:51 PM
    I'v been on the injection Deppo provera (3months one) from the year 2000 until 18 Nov 2007.
    In that time between 2000-2007 I've never had my "Woman's cycle" and not even the agonizing pain that comes with it.

My "Woman's cycle" only began again in August 2008 along with lots of agonizing pain a week before my cycle started.:(
    This month this pain started again about four days ago:
    It's in the womb area shooting down towards my lowerback and rectum area, causing me the need to wake-up late at night to go to the toilet but not for uranatig.
    At the same time that this pain start I also have sore breasts for about 3 weeks before and during my cycle.
    Is this "Periode Pains?" and if so, why do I feel the need to go to toilet as well?:confused:
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:51 PM
    LadyOssewa, that's an excellent question, it deserves its own thread. If you piggyback your question to this one you may not get the answers you are looking for.

Sep 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
    I'm sorry I'm not sure what you meen about piggyback riding, I just followed a thread that showed the same tipe of problem that I have and I'm staying in-toppic, I'm not sure how to do what here, I just want to know what's wrong.

Where should I post my question?:

I'v been on the injection Deppo provera (3months one) from the year 2000 until 18 Nov 2007.
    In that time between 2000-2007 I've never had my "Woman's cycle" and not even the agonizing pain that comes with it.

My "Woman's cycle" only began again in August 2008 along with lots of agonizing pain a week before my cycle started.
    This month this pain started again about four days ago:
    It's in the womb area shooting down towards my lowerback and rectum area, causing me the need to wake-up late at night to go to the toilet but not for uranatig.
    At the same time that this pain start I also have sore breasts for about 3 weeks before and during my cycle.
    Is this "Periode Pains?" and if so, why do I feel the need to go to toilet as well?

Sep 24, 2008, 12:31 AM
    I'm sorry I'm not sure what you meen about piggyback riding, I just followed a thread that showed the same tipe of problem that I have and I'm staying in-toppic, I'm not sure how to do what here, I just want to know what's wrong.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Sorry, piggybacking is a term I sort-of learned from this site. Alice asked the original question. This is then her thread. If you start you own thread with your own question, you might get better answers.

Go to/click on, "ask about women's health" then create your own question/thread. This process might be explained better in the site information area.

When hormones tell your body that it's about time for your period to start, the hormone levels change. Progesterone is the hormone that helps the uterus build up a lining for a fetus to implant in. Estrogen (increased amounts of it, proportionally to progesterone) cause the uterine lining to be shed if a fetus has not implanted in it.

When the hormone levels change, our bodies do different things. They may cause your breasts to enlarge, and hurt, or they may cause water retention, swollen feet. When hormones tell your uterus to shed its lining, they say, "push it out."

Since this signal is directed towards an involuntary muscle, the uterus, it can cause your bowels to be stimulated as well.

I may have this wrong, I am not a doctor or an expert.

It sounds like you are losing sleep when your period comes. Please see your doctor. Tell him/her what's happening. Allow him to diagnose and try medications to help.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 25, 2008, 05:51 AM
    <moved>
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2008, 05:10 PM

I don't know why we get menstraul pain, but I bloody hate it. At that time off the month I'm usually telling my partner to step away from my chocolate lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe pain during menstrual cycle [ 3 Answers ]

I've severe abdomen pain during periods mainly on the first day. Even pain killers have no effects. I experience extreme weakness during that time such that I can't even move properly. What should I do?

Menstrual Irregularrities [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 19 years old and have not had a cycle in 2 months. I have also had abdominal pain and severe lower back pain for quite a while. I have also been craving milk, I don't know if this is because of a lack of calcium or not. I know that I am not pregnant as I am a virgin and haven't even...

Menstrual period [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help.. I have never done this before.. What could it be? I am...

Please help with the cause of this-Menstrual period [ 2 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help..

View more questions Search