Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 10, 2008, 11:44 AM

You also have to realize that faith can be bad. Like say if I had faith that I could fly so I jumped off the roof or how about the 9/11 terrorists they had faith that god was going to reward them. Faith can be bad religious faith can worse.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 12:01 PM

Very true!

I had faith that persistence in this thread would actually open eyes...

Instead, I just wasted a bunch of time!

Hehe :D
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Oct 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    You refuse to accept the real meaning of the words Atheism and Atheist ...

So one more than : here we go again with the real meaning of Atheism :

What is Atheism? / What is an Atheist?

ATHEISM

A THEISM

A = No(t) or Without

THEISM = Belief in "God" or "Gods"

ATHEISM = No or Without Belief in "God" or "Gods"

There are many hundreds of millions of people who have no (or are without) belief in "God" or "Gods".

So they are A-Theists

REPEAT :
    There are many hundreds of millions of people who have no (or are without) belief in "God" or "Gods".

So they are A-Theists

REPEAT :

So they are A-Theists

REPEAT :

So they are A-Theists

Atheism is NOT (only) disbelief in the existence of a "supreme being or beings".
    Most Atheists have NO opinion on the existence of a "supreme being or beings".
    Only a few "Strong" Atheists do that. Most "Soft/Weak" Atheists simply ignore the possibility of existence of a "supreme being or beings", as there is no (OSE) proof for that religious claim.

Agnosticism is about questioning the existence of a supreme being or beings, with the conclusion that nobody will ever know.

Atheists do not question the existence of a supreme being or beings.

So Atheists are NOT Agnostics, and both Atheists and Agnostics exist !

There are many hundreds of millions of people who are Atheist.

So sassyT : you were wrong once again !

ATHEISTS EXIST ! ! !

Again Cred. These are just your Beliefs. There is no such thing as an atheist. Because all an "Athiest" is, is a person who claims there is no god, but the reality is they don't know whether God exists or not. Which essentially makes an atheist, An Agnostic. ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 12:08 PM

Sassy... how can you stand on this point?

Rearrange that post a little and you have this:

All a Christian is, is a person who claims that Christ is their Savior, but the reality is they don't know whether God exists or not.

Oct 10, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    how else would we settle an discussion like this??

Honestly, I am surprised we made it THIS long... if we had a pool going, I would have lost PAGES ago!

Sassy... you KNOW God exists and....

I KNOW that you don't KNOW that God exists.

SO now we have a conundrum. You see, you KNOW God exists and that remains FACT until I disprove it. BUT... i KNOW that you DONT know God exists so now THAT remains a fact until YOU can disprove it!

:D

ha!

Discussion over. There is nowhere left to go.

Lol... I KNOW you dont whether I KNOW God exists or not. Because if you KNOW I don't KNOW God exists, then you must be God Himself since despite the fact that you have never even met me, you already "KNOW" what I KNOW and don't KNOW. Mmm... so are you claiming you possess some kind of god like supernatural ability to read minds?

Oct 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Lol... you people seriously crack me up. You insist I do not Know God exists, as if you even know me... lol. I just find it entertaining! :D
    But again, on a serious note, I respect all your opinions on the matter. ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    lol... I KNOW you dont whether I KNOW God exists or not. Because if you KNOW i don't KNOW God exists, then you must be God Himself since despite the fact that you have never even met me, you already "KNOW" what i KNOW and dont KNOW. mmm... so are you claiming you posess some kind of god like supernatural ability to read minds?
    Ive been waiting for you to put 2 and 2 together! You claim that you KNOW I exist but this whole time, you didn't even recognize me!!

:D

Oct 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Ive been waiting for you to put 2 and 2 together! You claim that you KNOW I exist but this whole time, you didnt even recognize me!!!
    You see! I told I knew you existed!! :D ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 01:21 PM

And NOW you know ;) :D

Oct 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
    and NOW you know ;) :D

Haha told you so :p

:rolleyes:

Oct 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    See that’s one of the reasons I find it so interesting is because people like SassyT are considered sane.
    I'm in sain..? What do you call people like DrJizzle who claims to be God?

I mean if there is a group of people that believe in aliens or the tooth fairy you can dismiss call them insane but you can't do that with people who believe in god. Personally I find studying this worth my time others may not but I'm always interested in learning.
    That is because the likehood of a supernatural intelligent being that created the universe is more likely to be true than "a big bang" that was somehow intelligent enough to design life. I think people who believe in this hoax are the ones who need to check their sanity. :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 01:44 PM

Hey! There's a fine line between insanity and genius ;)

So what do you think of people that are Christian AND believe in the Big Bang? Sounds like a pretty good way for me.. I mean, God, to create the Universe anyway, dontcha think?
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
    cogs and fred....

no, no, no... that is not fair that you take that route. No one here is doubting her FAITH... we are just trying to make her realize that it is FAITH... not KNOWLEDGE.

Sassy DOESN'T know that "not everything is proven about spiritual things". She seems to think that he faith or belief in something is PROOF of its existence.

That is not accurate nor is it healthy to her FAITH.

She is not backing up her claims with miracles or anything that can be deemed as any sort of proof.

It's that kind of talk that produce mindsets like this. Instead of setting the right frame of mind, you are simply encouraging ignorance.

...And thus, the biggest downfall of Religion as we know it.
    Peter would never have walked on water, if he didn't have the mindset that sassyt has. Like you, he would have analyzed his knowledge of the permeability of water, and that's exactly why he began to sink.

If god should tell sassyt to do something, she wouldn't ignore him because she thinks there's no way god speaks to people. You may say that god did not speak to her. You may say that jesus or peter never walked on water.

But me, I can accept the big bang theory, just as well as a god who used this method to create everything. So we would both have faith that it's possible for the universe to be created from an explosion. We're not crazy, we just pick the most logical answer to something that already exists.

For sassyt to say that she knows something that requires faith to know, only tells me that she has ruled out the other possibilities, and found that faith is the most logical action. She has traded what she could not know, for that which she believes, based on what she does know.

Is this foolish? Then of what purpose is faith? It would be no longer faith:

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 03:27 PM

When you say "you" I don't know if you are speaking directly to me or the collective "you" but you apparently don't know what I believe.

That's okay... and beside the point.

Faith is exactly where it is at. Faith is ALL we have. If we had KNOWLEDGE, we would not need Faith... because we would simply know.

What THEN would be the purpose of Faith?

I am not the one that would have sank on the water... although, I understand what you were trying to say.

But hear this: This thread and discussion went way out of control. The argument here is not about the existence of or belief in God. The argument is simply whether SassyT, or any human for that matter, KNOWS that God exists.

It is one thing to "believe" God exists... it's unfortunate that so many do not... however, the point that was trying to be made (which seems SO ridiculous now) is simply that to actually "know" that God exists would require concrete proof... concrete proof that she, nor any other human being, has... at least to our (the collective "our") knowledge.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 04:11 PM

peter would never have walked on water, if he didn't have the mindset that sassyt has
    Tell you what, if SassyT can walk on water then maybe I'll believe that she knows that God exists.

I'll be checking YouTube for that video. :)
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 06:47 PM
    DrJizzle,
    In case you did not know a Christian faith is far more than just belief.
    It is belief plus trust and a knowing that others can't seem to understand.
    I KNOW my redeemer lives.
    I Know God exists.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Tell you what, if SassyT can walk on water then maybe I'll believe that she knows that God exists.

I'll be checking YouTube for that video. :)
    Even then, I bet there will still be some of you, maybe not you Aly (:D), but others. For example, some may say of a special effect, like in films etc.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Unknown008
    Yes, Jerry, there will always be some like that.
    I feel very sorry for them.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Oct 12, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I feel very sorry for them.
    Dear Fred
    And I feel sorry for you and your theist peers that you can not live on your own capacities...
    Peace and kindness,
    John

:)

Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Cred,
    That's where you are mistaken.
    We can and do live on are own capacities.
    But we also have what you do not and that is God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

These are amazing. [ 114 Answers ]

7 (More!) Underground Wonders of the World: Lost Caverns and Buried Cities | WebUrbanist 7 Most Amazing Caves of our World

Does anyone else find this amazing? [ 1 Answers ]

It puts our little planet in proportion to the universe. irReligion.org » We’re But A Speck In The Universe

Amazing pictures [ 2 Answers ]

From National Geographic online, pictures of a comet that has it's tail whacked off! Photo in the News: Comet Loses Tail in Space Collision

View more questions Search