Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Oct 8, 2008, 08:57 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Sassy, you believe that you know, you don't know...
    Again this is your subjective opinion on the matter and I respect everyone opinions. ;)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Oct 8, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Thanks Sassy : with that reply you showed us all five times that all you do is BELIEVE that "God" exists !
    Okay, that is just your BELIEF on the matter. And I respect that.
    Again this is your subjective opinion on the matter and i respect everyone opinions.
    Incorrect sassyT : you SHOWED yourself with these replies that all you do is BELIEVE that "God" exists. I have nothing to do with that. Your words are clear. And without any proof to support them, all you can base your statement on is BELIEF.

If you have a mental problem with finding the verb "to believe" inferior in any way, just speak to your religious mentor. Just replacing "to believe" with "to know" will not change your condition : all you CAN do is to believe!!

:)

Oct 9, 2008, 09:32 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    Incorrect sassyT : you SHOWED yourself with these replies that all you do is BELIEVE that "God" exists. I have nothing to do with that. Your words are clear. And without any proof to support them, all you can base your statement on is BELIEF.
    Obviously I was not as clear as I needed to be... my apologies... Let me make my words clearer for you I KNOW GOD EXISTS. ;)

If you have a mental problem with finding the verb "to believe" inferior in any way, just speak to your religious mentor. Just replacing "to believe" with "to know" will not change your condition : all you CAN do is to believe!!
    I don't know why you have a problem with my knowing God... lol. If we said hypothetically for your sake, that God does really exist, why then would it be impossible to know He exists? I know he exists as much as I know Goerge Bush exists. Just because you don't know God, does not mean it is impossible to know He exists.

I KNOW God exists, but I BELIEVE He is who He says He is, the Creator of the Heavens and the earth. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 09:41 AM

I think it's time this thread was closed, we're going in circles and getting no where.

Apparently, without proof, SassyT "knows that God exists" even though she has no desire to prove that "knowledge".

I know that I'm done with this thread, you can take that knowledge to the bank.

Peace.

Oct 9, 2008, 10:49 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I think it's time this thread was closed, we're going in circles and getting no where.

Apparently, without proof, SassyT "knows that God exists" even though she has no desire to prove that "knowledge".
    Again, going back to my breakfast a month ago analogy. I KNOW what I had for Break fast a month ago (2 eggs, toast etc). I have absolutely no way to prove that to the world but it does not change the fact that I KNOW what I had for breakfast that day. Same as God, I don't have way to prove God because of the nature of His Being, however my inability to prove Him to the world has no relevance to the my knowing Him.
    So I don't know why you take offense to my saying I know God. You can not tell me what I know and don't know because for one you don't even know me, so like I said I respect your opinion although it does not in anyway reflect reality.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 11:22 AM

And again... these two statements are VERY different things. I think you are mixing them together:

I KNOW God.

I KNOW God exists.

Two completely different things. No one is disputing the fact that you KNOW God. What they are disputing is that you KNOW GOd exists.

Oct 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    and again... these two statements are VERY different things. I think you are mixing them together:

I KNOW God.

I KNOW God exists.

two completely different things. No one is disputing the fact that you KNOW God. What they are disputing is that you KNOW GOd exists.
    Again, I know God exists and I have taken the time to get to Know Him. People can dispute if they want to, and that's fine, like I said you are all entitled to your own opinions and I respect that.
    -

Oct 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    Again, I know God exists and i have taken the time to get to Know Him. People can dispute if they want to, and thats fine, like i said you are all entitled to your own opinions and i respect that.
    No sassy : you do NOT know that "God" exists. You BELIEVE that "God" exists.
    All you "prove" here is that you feel the meaning of the verb "to believe" too inferior to your "taste", so you replace "to believe" with "to know", as if that supports what is impossible-to-support.

As I stated earlier :
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Post #4 : The problem here is the mis-use of the meaning of the verb "to know".
    ..//..
    Sassy : you and Fred mean with "to know" that it is a reality, not that it is just your personal perception. In this specific case the unsupported claim that "God" exists. But the existence of "God" has NEVER been a reality, because it is based on BELIEF.
    Sassy : your personal PERCEPTION may be that "God" exists. But that is NOT the same as that "God" exists!!

"God's" existence you can either BELIEVE (no problem), or be proved (no problem neither).
    But till you can prove that, changing/replacing words do not matter a single iota to the fact that "God's" existence has so far NEVER been proved.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 03:22 PM

Darnit, dragged me in again. Okay, one last comment.

Again, going back to my breakfast a month ago analogy. I KNOW what I had for Break fast a month ago (2 eggs, toast etc). I have absolutely no way to prove that to the world but it does not change the fact that I KNOW what I had for breakfast that day
    Sassy, I know that eggs exist, I've personally eaten eggs before, as well as toast, therefore I have no reason to dispute your claim of having eaten eggs and toast two months ago. It's a logical claim and entirely possible.

So I don't know why you take offense to my saying I know God
    I take no offensce in you saying you know God, I take offence in you saying you know God exists, because, unless you have proof that God exists, you cannot know that He does.

Unlike the eggs and toast, there is no proof of Gods existensce.

know (n)
    v. knew (n, ny), known (nn), know·ing, knows
    v.tr.
    1. To perceive directly; grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty.
    2. To regard as true beyond doubt: I know she won't fail

ex·ist (g-zst)
    Intr.v. ex·ist·ed, ex·ist·ing, ex·ists
    1. To have actual being; be real.
    2. To have life; live:

Do you understand now why we have a problem with your claim?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 03:24 PM

I think I am getting these threads confused... but then again, is there REALLY much of a difference between the two?
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 03:26 PM

Maybe the two should be merged and then closed at the same time, it would save some time. ;)
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 9, 2008, 03:46 PM

I've read like the first and last page of this post. Sassyt, did you have some experience that proved to you god exists? I ask, because paul had a supernatural experience, which definitely impacted his life.
    -

Oct 9, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs View Post
    sassyt, did you have some experience that proved to you god exists?
    I posted elsewhere the following post about the same problem with sassyT's argumentation ( GOD is amazing! - post # 128 ) :

sassyT believes in "God" etc. etc. etc.
    Fine with me. No problem with that. From me she may believe whatever she wants.

sassyT CLAIMS to know science and the scientific method and way of operation of science, but misuses science to attack evolution and origin of the universe and of life, and shows almost no scientific knowledge and capability of argumentation herself. Apparently all she can rely on is her BELIEF.
    sassyT FAILS each time when asked to support her own ideas with any scientific evidence, but claims than the freedom to BELIEVE that .
    sassyT is clearly not a reliable source, but is instead a fanatic fundamentalist creationist running at the leash of the ICR and sort like organisations.

sassyT became rather irritated when all her posts here ended in the conclusion that whatever she CLAIMED to be was what she BELIEVED to be.
    It is for that reason that sassyT started this nonsense about "to know" instead of "to believe".
    And as long as this topic remains open I will keep posting about her "to know" nonsense.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Post slightly shortened afterwards

Oct 10, 2008, 10:09 AM
    [QUOTE]
    No sassy : you do NOT know that "God" exists...
    Again Cred, this is just your subjective opinion and I respect it. ;)
    -

Oct 11, 2008, 02:04 AM
    Again Cred, this is just your subjective opinion and i respect it.
    The only subjective opinion here is YOURS, sassyT!!
    It is you who makes WILD RELIGIOUS CLAIMS that you can't support!!

And it is YOU who replaces the word (to) "BELIEVE" with (to) "KNOW", as if that has more value and/or validity... How silly of you!! All you prove with that is a lack of real conviction in what you believe...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oct 15, 2008, 10:18 AM
    The only subjective opinion here is YOURS, sassyT !!!
    It is you who makes WILD RELIGIOUS CLAIMS that you can't support !!!

And it is YOU who replaces the word (to) "BELIEVE" with (to) "KNOW", as if that has more value and/or validity .... How silly of you !!! All you prove with that is a lack of real conviction in what you believe ....

Lol... :rolleyes:
    Cred thank you for your input and your opinions, like I have said before, I respect all of the above opinions you have of me. Although your opinions are far from reality, I still respect them. Thank you ;)

Oct 15, 2008, 10:19 AM
    No sassy : you do NOT know that "God" exists....

Prove it.
    -

Oct 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    Prove it.
    I do not have to. I used the same meaning of "to know" as you do : I ACCEPT that as correct.

As soon as you can PROVE to me that God exist, I will PROVE to you that your "to know" is more than "to believe".

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

Oct 21, 2008, 07:00 AM

As soon as you can PROVE to me that God exist, I will PROVE to you that your "to know" is more than "to believe".

Again Cred. You are missing the Point. I did not say God's existence is a fact and I can prove it, I just said my Knowledge of his existence is a fact.. lol there is a big difference there. I know God exists and unless you can prove otherwise, your disputing my knowledge is nothing but hot air, subjective opinionated babble. ;)
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 21, 2008, 05:12 PM

Without evidence your knowledge is nothing but hot air, subjective opinionated babble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not Crazy.I know this movie exists [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here it goes... these kids run away. They end up in a shed in the middle of the woods that is surrounded with pecan trees with a old tractor inside. They argue about how you pronounce "pecan". One of the kids goes up to a "Texaco" station and there is a box of cupcakes on the step which he...

Search for visitor,if exists,use data,else,enter? [ 1 Answers ]

When visitor comes,I enter their ID,if he/she exists,I enter a new record for her visit using the details already in the database. But if he/she does not exist in the database,want to be able to enter his/her details in the visitor s details form and then after that,enter the details of his or...

Got P-Trap, Confirm it Exists [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1981 unfinished basement. Roughed in bathroom pipes. One pipe vent, one pipe shower/bath, one pipe toilet. Anyhow, on the shower/bath pipe I poured water down the pipe, drains normal but I can still see water at bottom (no evidence of tee ot 90deg bend at bottom) does...

Shower Where No Drain Exists [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to install a shower in a bathroom which has a sink and toilet but no rough in for a shower. The problem is that the bathroom has a cement floor which is not cuttable. Any solution for an above ground drainage which connects in the sink/toilet?

DOS exists? [ 15 Answers ]

With your new operating systems (i.e. Windows XP), does DOS exist/run in the background? Thanks.

View more questions Search