Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Oct 5, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Spell checker
    I don't know if this is the right place for my question but here goes. My spell checker won't work. When I hit the button it just goes to a new blank page. I would love any advice I can get as I am really stumped.
    Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelle View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place for my question but here goes. My spell checker wont work. when I hit the button it just goes to a new blank page. I would love any advice I can get as I am really stumped.
    Thanks

It's something in the upgrade that has to be worked out - it's posted somewhere, perhaps on Forum Help - ?

Curlyben is working on it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 08:19 AM

Meanwhile, what web browser do you use? I use FireFox, just switched this past summer, and man is it easier to use! And FireFox has a built-in realtime spell-checker that underlines misspelled words as I type, even here on the forum. Very nice.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Oct 19, 2008, 06:42 AM

Thanks guys,
    I use internet explorer, I have used Fire Fox and I loved it but at the same time my spell checker were haywire, my fire fox went the same way.
    The thing I hate the most is that most of my words are not misspelled but are typos. As a nurse I never learned to type and as an older lady typing doesn't come easy. It seems that the older I get, more things just don't come as easy.
    Thanks again for the advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spell checker in javascript [ 1 Answers ]

How to create Spell checker in javascript? Any logic

Office 2007 spell checker not working [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all Spelling Mistakes For spelling mistakes in Office 2007 there are no red lines showing the actual spelling mistakes. When I try to run the spell checker it displays the following error message “Windows Installer. Preparing to install Cannot find proofing tools for English (U.K.). If...

Microsoft word spell checker markup won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what it's called, so I don't know how to find help on it. My documents have squiggles and stuff all through it and I don't want to see it. It makes it harder for me to proofread with it than without it. I actually got rid of it in the first part of a document (I think by turning off...

View more questions Search