Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hardheaded Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Girlfriend is confused
    She wants to leave but she tells me she does not know if that is what she wants. I was a jealous person and I have had 2 months to relect on how I was acting. I want to change for her and myself. But I don't know how to convince her that I can change my ways. I would get upset and yell and I know it was wrong of me and I realize this now. She still loves me and we talk a lot still. She has gotten jealous that I have been talking to one of our female friends about our situation (sounds like I was). Question is I want to change for her how do I show her I can? I was hurt badly in the past and I am getting over it can people change for the beter?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Actions speak louder than words. Start going to therapy to find out the reasons behind your jealousy and also read some books on the topic. You can't tell someone that you can change, you have to show them you can

Sep 19, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Actions speak louder than words. Start going to therapy to find out the reasons behind your jealousy and also read some books on the topic. You can't tell someone that you can change, you have to show them you can
    I agree 100% I have been doing a lot of reading and talking to a therapist and I realize that it was my past that was causing it. I am letting go of that thanks to myself help and help from my therapist. I want and know I can do it I just don't know how I can show her if she does not come back for me to prove it. I understand her confusion and feel for her situation. She is the best women I have ever met and I want to treat her like that she deserves it.

Sep 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Ok so I wrote her a letter and left it in her car while she was at work. She told me she got it and helped a little (Idon't get a little). Anyway I bought her a really nice promise ring and I am hoping that it will do something. If not then I will just let her be and see what happens.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 04:27 PM

Actions-
    As in treat her better
    Gifts and overtures of love don't fix things
    What I'm trying to say- is watch how you handle the little things
    It's the simple things that matter
    When it is her turn to do the dishes
    Say 'hey! Don't worry about it, I'll do them tonight for you!'
    Stuff like that every once in awhile
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Don't change for her. Change for yourself. Telling her you can change will do nothing. She needs to see it. Also, don't come on too strong with gifts and things - this could look insincere. Just concentrate on the issue at hand. Good luck:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 07:38 PM

Those gifts and promises will mean nothing, once that old behavior comes back to the surface. Make sure you do the work thats required to change, and do it for you. That's all the convincing you will need.

Sep 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Well she came over again last night and decided to give me a chance to prove it to her. So we are taking things slowly before she moves back in. So I will keep you guys posted on how I am doing and if this all works out. It is sad to see all these people on here and I have not read a good outcome yet. I hope this will help someone in the future with the same problem I was having.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 12:39 PM

Healing, and living your happy life IS a good outcome, whether the partner comes back, or not. Depends on how clear your perspective on life is.
    Kati-Katt Posts: 77, Reputation: -2

Sep 21, 2008, 01:04 PM

It is her choice to believe what she does, all that you can help is you make the promise, you have to improove to get anywhere... AND MEAN IT. A very important piece and prettymuch the point of making a promise to someone is to keep it.Unfortunately it doesen't always work with relationships that once having past relationships together with disturbance that it ever gets back, and it's rare that it ever goes back to the way that it was if it does. Try to show her you can change. And if she is feeling that you around her friend is bothering her she possibly feels threatened by her friend being there and around you when you make a promise because that just kind of makes the lighting of the situation very dimmed... the doubts are she might think you have a thing for this friend.If it still bothers her that your with another girl then there probably is having some feeling towards yo so don't give up unless it's really clear she doesen't want you back. Careful of how you act, when girls see you act around other people they tend to assume a lot of things and get caught up in a story that wasn't even happening. Knowing someone personally can usually give away what type of relationship she wants. She could want to be with you like you do to her, or maybe she just wants friendship, or possibly just friends with privilages. Talk to her about it. Your not going to win the olympics if you don't run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused.I like a guy but he has a girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this guy but the thing is, is that he has a girlfriend. And I don't want to ruin the relationship with him and his girl. They have been together for about 3 years or so. This guy and I were really close friends at first but gradually we became intimate. After that he began to act...

I'm confused about my girlfriend! [ 5 Answers ]

It seems these days she just pushes me away, wants a lot of space, always angry cause I say "stupid" things. Like I'll say something across the lines of like maybe "i dont know why you love me?" just to hear the reason why and she get so mad and ask me to leave or she'll talk to my later? The other...

Confused Girlfriend? What Should I Do? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok this is my situation. I have looked at many forums and read many of these q & a's but figured each person has a unique instance. I have been with my girlfriend now for 2 1/2 years. She recently told me she loves me but isn't in love with me. We are also no longer boyfriend girlfriend we are now...

Confused about my girlfriend [ 14 Answers ]

Chaos: I love you Caat renegade622: W/E! Chaos: Wow... pissy much? renegade622:... renegade622: Go **** yourself Chaos: What's wrong? Chaos: All right w/e I'm going, Cya later renegade622: Wait Chaos: Yeah? renegade622: Why?

Confused about my ex girlfriend [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke it off with me about 3 weeks ago and I haven't talked to her since the break up phone call. She told me she still likes me and that it hurts her so bad to do it but she had to, to get her life sorted out. Today she told her cousin (who is close to my family) to tell me she said...

View more questions Search