Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eswaff Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Cost for Basement SubPanel
    Just looking for an average of the cost for installing a 100-150 amp subpanel in my basement from the garage. There are plenty of empty panels on the main service panel and the run to the sub panel will be between 70-80 ft. I live in Iowa and will have a certified electrician do the work. Just looking for what a reasonable rate is for a job like that. Thanks in advance
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Your most accurate answer would come from calling for 3 estimates from licenced electricians in your area. Labor cost vary greatly since we don't know if you are in downtown DuBuque or in the middle of a corn field.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Just know that you will likely not get a 150A sub-panel.
    Most residential panels are rated for 100 or 125 amp maximum individual branch circuits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding subpanel for basement workshop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I have 200 amp service to my home and would like to add a workshop in the basement with a separate subpanel. The run from the main to the sub will be short (< 10 ft) so voltage drop should not be a problem. I have been advised to take 240v. via a dual pole 30 amp CB from the main to the...

Basement subpanel. [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for all help involved in my endeavors... First off let me start by saying this is an old home built in 1959 and has all fusible circuits.. The home was somewhat upgraded as far as I can tell in the 70`s with an exterior meter panel with breaker space for extra circuits,but by and...

Subpanel in basement [ 1 Answers ]

I need three 20a circuits in basement. I planned to run #8 wire 50feet from main panel to a new sub panel in basement where I would have 3 20a breakers. Will this be OK or do I need #6 wire for the feed to the subpanel?

Need subpanel in basement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am getting ready to finish my basement but my main panel is in my garage so I'm thinking it would make it easier for me if I install a subpanel in my basement. The main panel is 200 amp so I'd like to install a 100 amp subpanel. Is it okay to put in a 100 amp main breaker panel and feed...

Basement wiring cost [ 1 Answers ]

I know this a very vague question, but ball park figure, how much should it cost to have a professional electrician fully wire a basement being finished? I was quoted $1700 and thought it was very high?

View more questions Search