Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 9, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Large Hadron Collider May End World?
    Tomorrow the Large Hadron Collider will be brought online.
    Ive heard some stuff saying that this massive particle accelerator may cause dangerous threats such as "micro black holes" "strangelests" etc, which may even destroy the planet.
    What is your sciency opinions? I don't know much about this stuff, so can some of you please explain in simple as you can terms what the collider does differently to other particle accelerators (which as I understand it, ram particles into each other at high speeds to break them open to study the universe and stuff) and how this can cause dangerous stuff to happen, and also what it can teach us.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 9, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Or Not.

This has been discussed in a number of threads already.

Like this one: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ff-257980.html

So I'm closing this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is 100 AMP panel large enough [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 100 AMP main panel. What to run #8-3 to garage for a sub panel. Will put 40 amp 2 pole in main. #6 conductor from sub to new ground rod. Will be using for lights, construction heater(20 amps) until I put in radiant heat and for general woodworking. Is my main 100 amp panel large enough?

Large deposit [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a limit to the amount one can place into a regular bank. If so, where else can one deposit a large sum. $1,000,000.00+ ?

How large should a box be. Read on [ 1 Answers ]

How large should a box be for a puppy up to 8 weeks old

Large boobs [ 11 Answers ]

Hey all I'm not sure where exactly to put this post but I figured it is part of weight loss so here we go. I'm 20 and my boobs are size 16 e and there tooo big I hate it and I got some problem with my hands where I get lots of pain in them my hand specialest recommend to get a breast reductions...

How large will my dog be? [ 4 Answers ]

My pup is 8 weeks old and weighs 15 pounds right now, she's gained 5 pounds in the two weeks we've had her, her dad is a purebred yellow lab (120 pounds) and her mom is 1/2 black lab, 1/2 shephard, mom was very slim, but she did just finish weaning 8 large pups, she was roughly about 60 pounds, is...

View more questions Search