Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animayxx3Freak Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Urgent Religion Research Task on an organisation!
    information on St Vincent De Paul Society:

Introduction: (150 words)
    who are the homeless in the society?
    Background information on the organisation you have chosen.

Body:
    para1: (200 words)
    how does this orgainsation help these people?

para2: (100)
    make a list of the services provided by the organisation

para3: (200)
    is this organisation associated with a particular religion/church? Give Details

para4: (100)
    other information/interesting facts (e.g. the future goals of the organisation)

Conclusion (150)
    how will organisation has changed people lives today?

Bibliography:

-what ever sites used-

Due within 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 02:57 AM
    We can't do your homework for you here. It was given to you for you to learn. Doing your homework here for you would defeat the reason that you were given to do the homework in the first place.

If you would like to post a draft here of what you are going to write, then I am sure that others will come along to critique it and give you suggestions as to how you might make what you write better.

Thanks!

Aug 21, 2008, 03:03 AM
    I did not mean all of the questions I have most of them I just need the intro and para1 of the body

But thanks anyway
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 03:10 AM
    Okay. Fair enough. Then how about posting what you do have so folks can help you here?

Aug 21, 2008, 03:21 AM
    *sigh*

Here:
    Intro:
    The poor and homeless in our society are stray youth in the streets, unemployed, junkies, evicted families, families who can no longer support themselves financially due to an unexpected event in their lives.

St Vincent De Paul...

Body:
    Para1:

Para2:
    The St Vincent de Paul Society works to assist people in need and combat social injustice across Australia. These services include: aged care, migrant and refugee services, home visitation, homeless person's services, clothing and assistance centers, care for people with psychiatric disabilities, vocational services for people with a disability, drug, alcohol and gambling counseling, financial counseling, disaster recovery and street vans.
    St Vinnies also hold charity events and fundraising such as appeals, auctions, and sponsoring major things.

Para3:
    St Vinnies is associated with the Catholic Church as its patron saint is St Vincent De Paul who was originally from France. He was ordained a priest at 19 years of age. At the age of 24 he was captured by pirates and sold as a slave. When he escaped he returned to Rome to further his career. He became parish priest of Clichy and then tutor to the children of the wealthy De Gondi family. After some time in the royal court and as chaplain to the rich, the lifestyle which Vincent was living began to appear barren and empty. The misery of the poor touched him and he began to work for those in need: the peasants, prostitutes and delinquents. He soon devoted himself to serving the poorest people, establishing from 1617 onwards what he called 'Confraternities of Charity' in various towns of France. These were divided into separate branches for men and women, the women's branch being more successful, even spreading outside France. About this time Vincent was appointed Royal Chaplain General of the Galleys and set about improving conditions for slaves and for those in prisons and hospitals.
    In 1625 he founded the Congregation of the Mission to bring the Gospel of the rural poor and to convicts.
    He died on September 27, 1660, was canonised in 1737 and named universal patron of Catholic charities by Pope Leo XIII in 1885. His feast day is September 27. In 1835, he was named as Patron of the Society.

Aug 21, 2008, 03:31 AM
    Para4:
    The mission statement of St Vincent De Paul Society is:

The Mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Australia is to deepen the catholic faith of its members - to go out into our nation to heighten awareness of Jesus Christ.
    We do this by sharing ourselves – who we are and what we have – with the poor on a person-to-person basis.
    We seek to cooperate in shaping a more just and compassionate Australian community, and to share our resources with our twinned countries.
    Our preferred option in this mission of service is to work with the poor in development, by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope, and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.

And I'm working on the conclusion right now

And by the way thanks :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need assisstance religion task! [ 8 Answers ]

I need to interview jesus with the following questions but I need to write as jesus as he would answer them: 1.) Briefly outline your life prior to beginning your ministry? 2.) What problems did you see in the world? 3.) Why do you the Jews were no longer faithful to god’s covenant? 4.) What...

Thanks letter to organisation [ 1 Answers ]

I am in under training at a private organisation.Today my training period will be completed.I want how to wrote thanks letter to organisation for given mme training and co operation.

Business organisation [ 1 Answers ]

1. Define a joint company. Explain the differences between partnership firm and joint stock Company. 2. Explain Henry Fayol’s principles of management. Comment on his management principles. 3. What do you mean by Public Utilities? Discuss the problems or public enterprises 4. What is a stock...

Work Organisation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the emerging trends in work organisations & how these upcoming trends affect the Quality of Work life of employees?

View more questions Search