Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Credendovidis]All I see are (some) Secular Humanists respectfully pointing out that theists only "BELIEVE" what they claim to be "true".
    Respectfully? LMAO, thanks for the chuckle.

And consider this also : isn't that precisely the idea of this board ? COMMUNICATION?
    Communication is a two way street.

You may not share that... May be it is the mirror effect, because some theists here are extremely arrogant, angry, intolerant, bigoted, and hypocrite ! And if the shoe fits...
    How are your shoes fitting?

Perhaps to show that there are still ways to behave as a sane person, even if you believe in Christianity? The average Christian is as good a person as anyone else. But some creationists do not shy away from lying, cheating, sidestepping, twisting words, being hypocrite, etc... I'm sure you know one or more of these... Any mirrors around?
    The pot calling the kettle black.

Funny : that was also my first impression of this post. When I read it again, I felt that pure frustration that seems to tear you apart, resulting in a bitter and often disrespectful liar and cheater, just because there are some people here who prefer to use their own brain in the process of thinking , unlike those who prefer to based their mental sanity on only a 2000 year old book full with subjective claims!
    Wow, allot of liars on this board, or is it because you cannot dispute them that they are liars?

Well : actually he/she would be correct to tell you ! All your "christian" mission demands from you is to "spread the word". Not to force it upon others against their will ! And you do that all the time !
    And what are you doing, what's your mission? You constantly post things that are geared to upset people who believe in God.

Extremely poor grammar, but I see what you mean...
    And there you go being respectful again. :)

I really wonder why you seem incapable of understanding that...
    Don't you pay attention when this is explained to you several times each week ?
    And again.:rolleyes:

Of course I know what will happen when I post this, but, what the heck. ;)

This is all I have to say.

Good luck. :)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 28, 2008, 04:41 PM
    To answer the original question, Atheists come to the religion board because atheism is a RELIGION. It is just that most of them refuse to admit to that fact. Their constant pot shots at religion in general, and Christianity in particular is merely the effort of one religionist to prove their religion superior to the competition.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Jul 28, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Atheists come to the religion board because atheism is a RELIGION.
    And the non-belief in astrology is just another pseudo science, right?
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 29, 2008, 12:55 AM
    Choux> Christianity in America has become a political party engaged in such nasty organized behavior that has to be opposed openly and forcefully by decent Americans.
    Bravo

Capuchin> Personally - I'm interested in defending science and evidential inquiry when it is attacked, which often happens in these discussions - hence I keep an eye on it.

I'm also very interested in religion - it's a very intriguing human condition, don't you think? It's something that I don't understand and am eager to learn more about..
    I fully agree on both points.

Allheart - you have consistently shown me that the loud obnoxious variety of those who scream they're Christian are not necessarily representative of believers in Jesus. You and your 'brand' of quiet faith I respect.

Fr_Chuck> Yes they do, but most are not really athiests they are hurt self absorbed people who have a grudge against religion and Christianity, you don't see the same people going to Islam board and attacking them, or going to the Wicca board and attacking their religion, So no they don't have a problem really against religion, they have specific hatred against Christians..
    What a bigoted-sounding POV. I don't read attacks on atheists on the Islam board. And every Wiccan I've ever met has been quite tolerant of people's beliefs and non-belief. My only grudge against Christians are those that are trying to co-opt the politics and education in this country.

Galveston1>... atheism is a RELIGION
    It is the antithesis of religion.

SassyT> Why do so called "atheists" devote countless hours and energy to attempting to disprove and demean religion on "religious" forums? What is their motive behind vehemently deconstructing the Christian faith in particular and propagating their own lack of faith?
    Could it be that they are doing the very thing they claim to hate in religious zealots by persuading others to their viewpoint? Also, why do many of them come across as arrogant and angry with the rest of us who don't share their views?
    There may be one or two who fit your description, but many of the questions are directed at those who question religion. Most of the respondents do so with respect. If atheists or agnostics weren't expected to check in, to whom are the questions like that directed? Besides, there is no atheist board so choosing the antithesis is the closest we have.
    But I understand your confusion. You take every chance you get to denegrate science no matter where you find it. And you do so with an undeserved smirk and thinly veiled slurs. The "so-called" and the quotes on 'atheist' are an example. I suppose I should call you a supposed "Christian" (so much tolerance and love in your posts). I at least admit there are people who do believe (even if I think it irrational). Do you have such a lack of imagination that you can't conceive of someone who doesn't?

SassyT>... wrong country if you have that much hatred for Christians.
    So since you've deluded yourself into thinking this country, founded on freedom of and freedom from religion is a Christian nation... Is that why atheists are so persecuted? How about all the bigotry against Wiccans?

Your post #58 proves my points.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 02:42 AM
    It's simple, the Christians are attempting to convert/convince the Atheists and the Atheists are attempting to convert/convince the Christians and neither side is winning anyone over.

The mud-slinging comes from both camps. Solution, quit slinging it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    It's simple, the Christians are attempting to convert/convince the Atheists and the Atheists are attempting to convert/convince the Christians and neither side is winning anyone over.

sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jul 29, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    It's simple, the Christians are attempting to convert/convince????????? the Atheists and the Atheists are attempting to convert/convince the Christians and neither side is winning anyone over.

Lol this is the sort of irony I am talking about.

Simoneaugie... don't get it twisted buddy, you athiests come on this RELIGIOUS forum volutarily. No one invited you... in fact we would rather you don't come here so that us religious people can converse about our beliefs in peace. You come here to promote your own beliefs and you are the ones who are coming here to convince and convert us to your athiestic beliefs. Frankly I couldn't care less whether you believe in God or not. I should, but unfortunately I don't, so don't flatter yourself by thinking I am on a quest to convert you.. lol

After all, we christians are not the ones who spend half our lives on Athiestic forum. I couldn't care less about atheism that's why I don't waste my time with it. But apparenty you have a vested interest in religion and you spend your free time trying to convince believers that they are wrong and your beliefs are right. Please :rolleyes:

You athiests on religious forums are just as good as those religious people who knock on people's doors trying to convert them. You are doing the same thing on this religious forum, harassing us with you beliefs.
    Solution for you: Save it:- Don't waste your time trying to convert us Christians to your atheistic beliefs because I can assure you that your effort is futile. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    To answer the original question, Atheists come to the religion board because atheism is a RELIGION. It is just that most of them refuse to admit to that fact. Their constant pot shots at religion in general, and Christianity in particular is merely the effort of one religionist to prove their religion superior to the competition.
    I am starting to think that myself. Maybe my quest to find why athiests frequent religious forums lies in what you are saying Galveston.
    Atheism is a Religion... mmmm

That's it!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:03 AM
    This isn't a religious forum. It's a place for religious discussion. That is for anyone to come and discuss religion. Stop clinging onto the belief that this is your forum and the atheists are invading.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:09 AM
    No it is not that atheists are invading it is that it is a religion discussion place where religion should be freely discussed and the point is if an atheist can't handle religious discussion and even sometimes feel the need to attack people's religious beliefs and claim they have no beliefs why do they come here?
    What do they hope to accomplish?
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Atheism IS a religion and they are trying to spread the good news. What's wrong with that?
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Cred0 has insisted for yrs that atheism is NOT a religion so you are agreeing with Sassy that it is and disagreeing with Cred0 that it is not a religion??
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Well I didn't think it was but Sassy is always correct it appears. There is no god to worship, no sacred texts, no prayers, no congregation but it must be a religion because sassy says so - plus it allows us unfettered access to all religious forums without all the whining.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:37 AM
    So basically we have Sassy 'whining' that it is a religion and we have Cred0 insisting that we HAVE to say ''I or we believe'' before every religious discussion belief we say and then the whole conversation gets lost to making belief vs fact the issue instead of replying to the question... no wonder I only reply to a small percentage of the stuff on the religious boards.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:56 AM
    That's just those two. You can set them to "Ignore".
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
    My ignore is the 'unsubscribe' button when I had enough.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Or take a break from the site.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    This isn't a religious forum. It's a place for religious discussion. That is for anyone to come and discuss religion. Stop clinging onto the belief that this is your forum and the atheists are invading.
    Call it what you want but I am not here to split hairs with you. This is a religious discussion forum whether you like it or not. Athiests and who ever is welcome here but don't come here and mock people's beliefs and religions and expect me to keep quiet... hell no.
    The reason why I am saying Athiests are "invading" is because you so called athiests come on this board not to learn or have civil discussions about religion but rather you come to attack religion to make hateful demeaning and condescending remarks about it as if you better than everyone else. Well you are not.. sorry. So that's why I said if you don't have anything better to do than BULLY and harass people about their beliefs, then you have serious issues and all I can do is feel sorry for people like that.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    My ignore is the 'unsubscribe' button when I had enough.
    NeedKarma is already on my ignore list and has been since January. I like it that way. ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 10:58 AM
    The sad fact is that we cannot have a rational discussion about our different view points and beliefs. For Cred it's all vocabulary, say believe or belief, not fact, but to a Christian it is fact, not just belief, that's were the problems start.

None of us are innocent, I know I'm not, Sassy, either are you. When someone attacks our beliefs then we attack back, it's human nature. If we could all just agree to disagree there wouldn't be a need for all of this back and forth insulting.

We are all just trying to express our point of view, and neither side is doing a very good job of that. Let's face it, most of these threads are started to insult and provoke the other side. Both sides are guilty.

So, where has all this mud slinging gotten us? Have we reached a verdict? Are we any closer to resolving our differences? No. We have started allot of fights, arguments and hurt feelings, but other than that, we are no closer to accepting each others beliefs. So why continue? Can anyone tell me?
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Exactly Altenweg it is all about attacks from both sides instead of an unspoken understanding that believers believe and non believers accept fact. Pages are taken up on the stupid pointing it out and then the point of the post is lost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About "Forums" [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I’ve seen a lot of “how to make your own forum explanations” but NEVER have I got the answer I needed. So I hope that some of you guys can help me… Well, here it goes. I’m building a website, and I want to add a forum to it. I know all the free-forum sites and all the...

Stanley Williams "EXECUTION". Religious- political -any perspectives are appreciated! [ 13 Answers ]

Was it right to execute Stanley Williams? He found redemption after being a gang leader of the crips, and was actually nominated for a nobel prize after writing books about disenfranchised children and teaching about anti-gang activism from prison. He was producing a change. President Bush even...

View more questions Search