Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Jul 26, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Yes they do, but most are not really athiests they are hurt self absorbed people who have a grudge against religion and Christianity,
    I have to be honest and admit there's actually some truth to this. Being raised Christian and spending a good portion of my life believing in god... I do in a way, resent the faith now after feeling I'd been lied to all those years. I'm sure you'll take this as just another cheap shot, but there is merit to it and it should help to understand where others are coming from. Many people upon awakening from the ether of religious faith feel hurt, mad, and resentful. And they are mad FOR others who are still susceptible to such beliefs. It's not something I like to admit, but I think people should understand it all the same.

you don't see the same people going to Islam board and attacking them,
    I have been to the paranormal forum. But they are just TOO easy! :)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 10:36 AM
    I have been to the paranormal forum. But they are just TOO easy!

Maybe they do not feel they have to prove anything to anyone... I know what my eyes have seen and if I do not wish to argue over my ghostly experiences well call me easy, guess I could be called worse.:D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
    LOL I wondered why the harassment there is relatively low key compared to the Christian board.
    Never thought of it like that.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
    If you little ladies and Chuck are not up to a discussion without resorting to making things up about atheists, throwing mud, insinuating, and acting stupid and hurt OVER NOTHING just post on the Christianity Board. :)

If you read the atheist's and secular humanist's posts here you will see that there is no anger in their posts... the anger is in your head, the fury is in your head. That's why you make such outrageous angry posts back instead of responding to the previous post. :)
    white-rose Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Jul 26, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Christians openly come to forums posted by atheists and state their opinions too. Either one who posts a forum on their religion or lack-there-of is setting themselves up for a debate from the ones with contradictory views. Not just atheists.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 03:31 PM
    I for one know I do not go on any atheist boards although this one does feel like it is one quite often.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Jul 26, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I for one know I do not go on any atheist boards although this one does feel like it is one quite often.
    The question is why you don't go on atheists boards. I'll be flippant and ask if you're afraid of learning something? Nothing on religious forums has convinced me of a god, but I have learned a great deal.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Why do I need to go on atheist boards when they are already here?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jul 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Indeed it does. I do not visit such boards either as I feel that birds of a feather want to flock together and so be it. But if they wish to invite Christians to go and minister to them about Jesus and how to become a Christian, I would be glad to visit under those circumstances, no doubt, provided their tone is civil and congenial with the spirit of wanting to learn about becoming a Christian.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem and others
    ... I would be glad to visit under those circumstances, no doubt, provided their tone is civil and congenial with the spirit of wanting to learn about becoming a Christian.
    The simple fact is that this website has no Atheism or Secular Humanism board. I have asked to add an Atheism board, an Evolution/Creationism board, and an Origin-of-the-Universe/Creationism board. But till these boards are provided, Atheists and Secular Humanists can only go to the religious discussion board. (With pleasure I will stand corrected - if so !)

No problem actually, as the Christians have their own Christianity board, and can post their "Hallelujahs" and "Praise the Lords" there, and DISCUSS religious and religion related matters here, together with believers of other religions, and with non-believers. This board is NOT intended for Christians only to support their belief!!

HOWEVER : Skygem's wish is incorrect.
    ... I would be glad to visit under those circumstances, no doubt, provided their tone is civil and congenial with the spirit of wanting to learn about becoming a Christian.
    This is not a subdirectory of the Christianity board!! This is the Religious Discussion board. Not the Christianity Discussion board.
    So I would welcome if not only other or non-believer provide a civil and congenial tone with the spirit of wanting to learn, but that Christians provide also a more civil and congenial tone with the spirit of wanting to learn.

To learn : from others about their views. Any views. And not as SkyGem incorrectly suggested only about becoming a Christian. That you Christian guys and girls should do on your own Christianity board!!

TO BE VERY CLEAR : THIS BOARD IS FOR DISCUSSIONS BY / WITH ANYONE - EVEN CHRISTIANS !!!

·

:rolleyes: :cool: :p :cool: :rolleyes:

·
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 08:05 AM
    I shared this video on another board - and just felt the need to share it here as well.

YouTube - Be Not Afraid, I go before you always
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hi, I guess I should have explained the reason I posted that video. Sorry guys.

It was more for those who do believe and may feel hurt, or "put down" by words that come at them. I was just trying to remind all that God is with you always, and to not feel afriad or saddened by trying to spread his Love.

I have to say, I have never felt a twinge of pain, by words that have come at me, by those who do not believe in God. I know they come from a place that can not harm or hurt.

I have though, felt pain, by some, one or two, who do believe, who claim I am too soft, or not spreading God's word and love they way God has inteneded me too. That did bother me, and made me question my ways, and made me wonder if I was letting God down, if I were doing wrong, but in my heart I do believe I know better.

Some ears will hear God's love, in a softer tone, and some may need the volume turned up.

As far as going on atheist boards, if there was one. I would be scared to at first, as I feel I would be entering a place that I should not be. But then I thought, perhaps God would want us to. Not to belittle, or judge, but to help those children of God, as well.
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    ... But then I thought, perhaps God would want us to. Not to belittle, or judge, but to help those children of God, as well.
    Yes, what a problem... when a bunch of humans wrote the bible chapters there were no (electronic) computers, nor an Internet. So there are no instructions in the bible for believers, to be used thousands of years later.

To me that does not seem to support the claim of an Omniscient Christian god...

:rolleyes:

·
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Sorry Cred,

I don't quite understand your point. What I was saying that ultimately, I think God would want us to leave our comfort zone of being around just those who do believe, and reach out to those who do not.

Having faith in God, is a blessing is a gift. It in no way gives us any right to feel superior, quite the opposite. Those who do believe and have been blessed with the gift , and have accepted the gift, (because all are or will be offered the gift of faith), have an abosolute obligation to spread God's love and share it with all.

If we had a cure for cancer in our hands, and someone fell ill and on the verge of death with cancer, we would lovingly want to give all the cure. Same thing with faith.
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 08:56 AM
    ... What I was saying that ultimately, I think ...
    I reacted to what you posted. Not to what you think...
    You may think (i.e. believe) whatever you want.

...God would want us to leave our comfort zone of being around just those who do believe, and reach out to those who do not.
    That is what you BELIEVE !

...Having faith in God, is a blessing is a gift.
    That is what you BELIEVE !

As to actions by Christians : if they would SHOW with their words AND their actions their belief as a true Christian...
    But that is not is happening. I see many Christians posting here angry, rude, intolerant, aggressive, etc.
    They do NOT show their Christian beliefs nor act like real Christians should do.

Why are they wondering why non-Christians keep pointing that out ?

·
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Of course that is what she believes this IS a religious board where Christians say WHAT they believe. It is not the FACT board, it is not the ''prove it'' board, it is not the science board, it is not the atheist board it IS the religious board so why do we have to state the obvious ---->

RELIGION = Believe IN, believe, belief
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Cred, to be honest, I haven't seen the rudeness that you speak of, but I tend not to read all the post, when it is in "bold" or has a good bit of "negative" energy behind it. I truly don't read those post, because I get perplexed when talking about faith and God's love how it can disinegrate to negativity.

Anyway - Christians are human too, and we tend to be human, and sometimes are human side kicks in, which is wrong. I agree 100%, that rude behavior is not reflective of God's love.

Now, to the Christian defense, I made a thread the thread below, and it was to welcome all who do not believe to particapte, and not one Christian came in and tore anyone's thoughts, or feelings apart. It actually turned out to be a nice, peaceful thread, would you not agree?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...do-234297.html
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Of course that is what she believes this IS a religious board where Christians say WHAT they believe. It is not the FACT board, it is not the ''prove it'' board, it is not the science board, it is not the atheist board it IS the religious board . RELIGION = Believe IN, believe, belief
    This is NOT a religious board. This is a MEMBERS DISCUSSION BOARD with religion in all it's views as focus. And that does not mean that everyone has to assume that every religious claim has suddenly been elevated to a higher validity.

A claim is a claim, is a claim, is a claim. And you should precede a claim with "I think" or "I believe"... It is as simple as that...

·
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Notice at the top off the page it says Religious Discussions so that makes it a board about religion.
    And you are right that does not mean that everyone has to assume that every religious claim has suddenly been elevated to a higher validity.
    BUT it also means that you should assume that what is said by Christians IS THEIR BELIEF as it IS the religious discussions vs a board of factual stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About "Forums" [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I’ve seen a lot of “how to make your own forum explanations” but NEVER have I got the answer I needed. So I hope that some of you guys can help me… Well, here it goes. I’m building a website, and I want to add a forum to it. I know all the free-forum sites and all the...

Stanley Williams "EXECUTION". Religious- political -any perspectives are appreciated! [ 13 Answers ]

Was it right to execute Stanley Williams? He found redemption after being a gang leader of the crips, and was actually nominated for a nobel prize after writing books about disenfranchised children and teaching about anti-gang activism from prison. He was producing a change. President Bush even...

View more questions Search