Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreams of lies Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Family hates boyfriend
    OK so my boyfriend moved in last month and I guess most of my family dislikes him because he's not afraid to speak his mind and voice his opinion so I love him and I would leave my family for him but I love my family too and he don't want me to leave him or my family any advice?:confused:
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 8, 2008, 12:53 AM
    I'm sure you are going to disagree on this with me, but PLEASE wait to get pregnant! You are a young girl You have your whole life ahead of you, and lots of time. Live your childhood, and stop thinking that a baby will fix everything. I have read your other posts, and it seems to me that you... eat, sleep, and think, BABY!

You need to have a stable life, and the means to support a baby. Don't bring another baby into this world until you understand this. A baby is a lot of work! You cannot hand your baby off to your mother, boyfriend (who will not likely stay around), or someone else when you are tired, sick, or plain worn out! You will be a mother 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, for at least the next 18 years, and they don't even go away after that!

A baby doesn't STAY a baby! It requires A lot of money. The average cost of raising a baby until age 18 is a quarter of a million dollars! Think about that... seriously! Also, a baby needs an educated mother, who is able to care for his/her needs, because a baby cannot take care of itself.

I'm sure you think you are ready to have a baby, and you are living the fantasy of the "happy family!!!" Daddy comes home, baby is happy and sleeping peacefully, you have had a wonderful day, and you greet Daddy at the door with a big smile, and all is well in the world!

Reality check! Daddy comes home... if he even does! Daddy has a shower, and goes out with his boyz! Baby is screaming, and has a fever! Daddy won't answer his cell phone because he is at the club! Mommy has no milk or food for Baby. Mommy has no money to buy diapers. Mommy has no car, because Daddy took it to the club to pick up Bambi, Mommy has no health insurance to take baby to Dr. Daddy comes home drunk, and passes out. Mommy is still listening to Baby scream. Daddy gets annoyed and tells Mommy to shut Baby up, because he has a headache.

I'm not saying all of this happens in every situation, but it is most likely to happen with young girls getting pregnant, and not knowing the work involved in caring for a child.

Please take a second look at your situation, and think about it some more. Your parents hate your boyfriend already, you are not responsible enough to even know how pregnancy happens, you don't know your own body, and you certainly don't know enough about sex, and how you can get pregnant.

I have no idea why your parents are allowing your boyfriend to live with you in their house, but I see a bad pattern here. I think it is up to you to break this pattern, and educate yourself first. Go to school, get the information you need to raise a child, and wait until you are emotionally and financially capable of raising another human!

Go to school, ask questions and be informed. Go to your Dr. and ask questions and be informed. Go to planned parenthood, and ask questions and be informed!!

Unless and until you do those things and more, you have no right bringing another innocent child into this crazy world!

I would only hope that you don't read this and ignore it! This will probably make you mad, but you have to face the reality of your happily ever after world!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 8, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreams of lies
    ok so my boyfriend moved in last month and i guess most of my family dislikes him becuz hes not afraid to speak his mind and voice his opinion so i love him and i would leave my family for him but i love my family too and he dont want me to leave him or my family any advice?:confused:
    You need to go and read the rules and regulations of this site my dear! The "disagree" you gave me was not only rude, but it surely shows your age! You cannot give a "disagree" just because it pissed you off! Do not tell me to "piss off!" I was very fair with you! Again, read the rules and regulations, if in fact you can follow rules! A "disagree" must be a factually incorrect post. My answer to you was not factually incorrect, I was giving you some advice that was worthy of sitting down and considering. Your comment proves my point, that you are not ready to bring an innocent child into this world. I hope you do some growing up, before you are in charge of helping a baby to do the same.

The truth hurts doesn't it! If you want coddling, go somewhere else. You asked for advice, and you got it. I have better things to do with my time sweetheart.

You have also talked about your eating disorders, your alcohol problems, suicide, and other various problems. I also don't understand why you are teenage girl, but have a grown man on your avi?. hmmmm. Seek help from a professional before it's too late!
    steph86 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 8, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Don't care about what your family thinks. What's important in this matter is what you think about him and whether he makes you happy and vice versa.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Steph... are you actually encouraging that this girl leaves?

I mean, she DOES live under the family's roof... family rules... right?

It's one thing if she's 26 and is able to move out, but her immaturity immediately tells me she's a teenager.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 8, 2008, 01:48 PM
    I find that generally when my family and friends hate a guy I'm dating, they're usually right. They can see things more clearly than you can. I think that you should talk to your family about exactly WHY they don't like him. Its one thing to speak your opinion, but its another to make everyone hate you for it.
    steph86 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 8, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    steph...are you actually encouraging that this girl leaves?

I mean, she DOES live under the family's roof...family rules...right?
    I assumed she was over 18, that's why I wrote that she can decide what she feels is right and what makes her happy rather than following her family's opinions. But as you say, if she's under 18, then I'm not encouraging her to leave. Not at all. Then family comes first and he can wait.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 02:00 PM
    First what do you mean by "speaking his mind" if he is in your parents house he is expected to be respectful and not talking back to people in their own home. Also if he is a minor ( not sure of the ages) he needs to learn to keep him mouth shut to adults at times.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 8, 2008, 02:05 PM
    "Dreams of lies", I do research before answering questions a lot of times. I go back and read prior posts. You haven't been on here for long, and in that time, as I mentioned in my last post, you have had problems with eating disorders, suicide, alcohol, and so on. I don't think you have gotten that all figured out and gotten the help that you need in this short amount of time.

I am a member of this board, as are you. If you don't like my advice, then don't take it. It only shows your lack of maturity when you throw a hissy fit, because someone that cares about people and doesn't want to see them make a mistake and throw a baby into the mix, takes the time to answer your question.

I don't need to get your nasty private messages. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck my girl, and I was trying to give you advice. Believe me, there are other people on here that actually ask for help because they want opinions... not just someone to agree with them. If this is the case, try a site like AGREEWITHME.COM Coming Soon! There probably is one out there somewhere.

No more childish PM's please and thank you!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
    User is 16.

On the other thread, she is trying to have a child.

... ruh roh (that's uh oh in scooby doo)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Why does it have to be an either or?
    You being 16 what is the pressing issue of having to have one or the other?
    Are your parents telling you you have to break up?

Trying to get pregnant WILL only create more problems
    Then your parents WILL really hate him.
    You need to wait and get your priorities straight.
    Having a baby at 16 only ruins your life especially when you don't want to have to make a decision between your parents and your boyfriend!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Personally if I were your parents I wouldn't even let him live there. Do they know what's going on? Do they know you're trying to get pregnant? They probably don't, which mean that they hate him for other reasons, just goes to show that parental instinct is not a myth.

Sorry, can't blame Mom and Dad, actually, I can, why the heck are they allowing the two of you to essentially live together at your age?

OP, you need to get your priorities straight before you mess up you life to the point that it's beyond repair.

Yup, trying out tough love, hope it works.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
    You are correct, I missed the part about him living there, no way a boy would move in to be with a 16 year old girl. What are those parents thinking, and him being disrespectful, he should be kicked to the curb in the morning in my book
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 06:42 PM
    I wouldn't even wait until morning. ;)
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First what do you mean by "speaking his mind" if he is in your parents house he is expected to be respectful and not talking back to people in thier own home. Also if he is a minor ( not sure of the ages) he needs to learn to keep him mouth shut to adults at times.
    Ur bf needs to understand he's not the king of the house. Theres a big difference between "speaking in mind" and being rude. If a daughters Bf living with me raises his voice towards me, ignores my presence,act like he owns the home, his clothes will sure fly out the window!!!! Ur family hates him? All of them? Ask urself
    Miller11 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreams of lies
    ok so my boyfriend moved in last month and i guess most of my family dislikes him becuz hes not afraid to speak his mind and voice his opinion so i love him and i would leave my family for him but i love my family too and he dont want me to leave him or my family any advice?:confused:
    Time for a reality check. Money does not grow on trees and I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being honest. I'm 23 and I have a little one of my own and believe me you are way too young to even consider have children. If its true that you're only 16 then you're body is not mature enough to be having baby's. Trust me its best that you wait. I understand how you feel about wanting a family and I don't blame you but you're young. Please enjoy your life while you still can
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
    ?? Not following why the difference between trying to get pregnant WILL only create more problems
    Having a baby at 16 only ruins your life especially when you don't want to have to make a decision between your parents and your boyfriend!

Is any different than Time for a reality check. Money does not grow on trees and I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being honest. I'm 23 and I have a little one of my own and believe me you are way too young to even consider have children. If its true that you're only 16 then you're body is not mature enough to be having baby's. Trust me its best that you wait. I understand how you feel about wanting a family and I don't blame you but you're young. Please enjoy your life while you still can.

I know many girls 13 on through 18 who have had babies and 6 babies later their body was the least of their problems.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    ??? Not following why the difference between trying to get pregnant WILL only create more problems
    Having a baby at 16 only ruins your life especially when you don't want to have to make a decision between your parents and your bf!

Is any different than Time for a reality check. Money does not grow on trees and I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being honest. I'm 23 and I have a little one of my own and believe me you are way too young to even consider have children. If its true that you're only 16 then you're body is not mature enough to be having babys. Trust me its best that you wait. I understand how you feel about wanting a family and I don't blame you but you're young. Please enjoy your life while you still can.

I know many girls 13 on through 18 who have had babies and 6 babies later their body was the least of their problems.

Life experience is needed to be in the position to raise a well rounded and stable child. The reason there are so many so called "bad kids" out there, is because they were raised by someone who didn't have any parenting skills, and had a baby to fill a void in their own life. A baby should not be born with a job! A baby does not fix problems, he/she adds to the problems and makes them worse. They are not to be used as pawns to fix other things!

Good advice NH!
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
    And what happens when the mom who wanted a baby at 16 suddenly at 18 or 21 says "Hey, I wanna go out and party like all my friends who don't have kids!" and then they pawn the child off on whoever while they go have fun because their friends are. Or they grow up (key word here) resenting the child they had at 16 because they 'felt deprived of their childhood' when it was their own fault because they wanted to have a child.
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller11
    Time for a reality check. Money does not grow on trees and I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being honest. I'm 23 and I have a little one of my own and believe me you are way too young to even consider have children. If its true that you're only 16 then you're body is not mature enough to be having babys. Trust me its best that you wait. I understand how you feel about wanting a family and I don't blame you but you're young. Please enjoy your life while you still can
    Meant to give a disagree:

You gave out disagrees but then you turned around and said that she should wait.

One disagree you said if she can afford a baby then she deserves one.
    When it sounds like this 16 year old girl's boyfriend is not supporting himself since he 'moved in'.
    And it sounds like that means with HER parents. Therefore they are living off her parents, even if not doesn't sound like he is supporting anything. So how can you say she should have a baby and then go on to reply here that she should wait.

Then disagree because I say she could ruin her life because it looks like she is considering getting pregnant to 'fix' her problems between her parents and her boyfriend which very likely would do the opposite and backfire and then she would have to live with the consequences.

Maybe you should read some of her other posts from the past 4 months
    Here is one
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ed-187559.html

Make up your mind please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family hates me [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not happy anymore I love my mom and my family so much but they all hate me literally. My mom has tod me that she does not want me around in her life anymore that I just make her life hell and all this and it kills me cause I try so so hard to impress her I really do. And I have meant this...

My 24 year old son hates me and will have nothing to do with any of his family [ 5 Answers ]

My heart is shattered and I fear it will never heal. My son has recently married a woman 7 years his senior who was just barely divorced with 3 adopted children all under the age of 4. We had many concerns because of several factors, the most worrisome was the fact that they only dated for...

Family hates me. [ 32 Answers ]

Well I'm 16... my birthday is on halloween... ever since 2 years ago I've been in trouble and I met a girl that I love with all my heart and I would do anything for her I've been together for a year and 4 months and all my family wants me to do is live with my mom because they want nothing to do...

My husband hates my family! [ 3 Answers ]

My husband & I have been Married now for 7 months. We have been together for 3 years and 7 months. He is very hard on people in general. He expects them to be a certain way. Well my family is less than perfect! Who's isent? My Mom has a lot of medical problems, which most of them I believe are just...

View more questions Search