Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ExclusiveCL Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2003, 10:28 AM
    Total Confusion
    Hey Folks,
    I met a girl online that lives on the other side of the country. We've met two times and every time we've seen each other it's been a wild and wonderful time. (Alot of sex -fyi-) She goes home eveytime with more and more feelings for me, and now we say we love each other. Two weeks ago she was having pressures from friends and family and made a plea of suicide. She did it again a few weeks later, and each time she has said that we should break things apart. The next day although, she calls back and makes a plea to get back together. I say "yes" because I don't want her to commit suicide if I don't.

Her twin sister sais she is going to see a pychologist and talk about her problems. I'm starting to loose feelings for her and I don't know how to say that to her, because of the pressure of suicidal tendencies.

Also, she is obssesed with living in Australia and she is eventually going to move there. Because of this we are going to have to part. She wants to move in with me for the next summer (4 months) before she moves to Australia. I can't say no to her for any of these things she feels or does because of the suicide.

I think she is using me for support and I just want to move on with my life. In conclusion, perhaps I could get an idea or two about the issue... HELP! Lol

Thanks everyone
    olka Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2003, 05:35 PM
    Total Confusion
    You should break it off with her as she is mentally unstable. Tell her that it is useless for you to be together now as she is moving to Australia. Keep your distance with her & don't let her move in with you. You would have more problems if you allow her to do that. 8)
    sierra1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2003, 03:41 PM
    Re: Total Confusion
    Hello,
    Wow big problem... sorry that you have to deal with something like this. This is what I think.

You can do one of two things, if you want to help this person you can. Since her sister has said she is going for help, you can keep in touch and see how things are going, you can even talk with the Dr that is helping her and tell him/her what she is saying to you, and they might even tell this girl that she should not be in a realationship, etc. then you can pick a stable time to end things.
    The other option is get as far away as possible to this one, she has problems that have took place way before you (there just coming to head now in her life) so anything that takes place is not your fault, besides my training as Reserve Police Officer has noticed a trend with people and suicide, most people do not really talk about doing it, they just do it!! However this does not say that she will or will not do it.
    If I was in your shoes: I would wish her the best of luck with things, tell her that she is doing the right things by getting help, etc and I would move on. To make myself feel better I would give her the option of being able to call me when she is better on a freindship level.
    Good luck and hope this helps you some
    ExclusiveCL Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2003, 11:21 AM
    Re: Total Confusion
    Both of these opinions are totally true and I completely agree.. The only thing is I'm really going to have to build some currage to do all of this. It will eventually happen, it's just an odd predicament.

Thanks
    Exclusive
    TheCMan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Hey... just read your situation, and thought I'd tell you my experience. My wife was talking about suicide when we first got together. She made me feel like I was responsible for talking her down every time, which, as you know, is very emotionally draining. It's way too much pressure to handle, but they just can't understand this at the time, as they are way too burdened and sad ( and mentally disabled ) to stop this behavior. Well, to make a long story short... she got help. I let her know that I would leave her if she didn't. It took that to get her to take the step of going to a therapist. Well, she was put on some medicine (Prozac). And with many sessions, the suicide talk stopped, and her personality totally changed for the better. We got married, and are going on 13 years. Of course, we may have been different than you. I don't know how bad you would want to stay with this girl, if she were to become okay. I'm sure you'd love her even more if she were happier. And fyi, the suicide mentality hasn't come back ever since, not even once. So, it can really be worth it to stick it out with someone, but it is very, very tough, and sometimes, you almost lose sight of things, but hang in there. Hope this helps some.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2008, 02:09 AM
    If she wanted to commit suicide she would've done it by now. This girl seems very manipulative, in fact, that is very horrible to plant that all on you and make you feel stuck with her. That isn't true love. You are going to have to tell her the truth if you don't want to be with her. If you carry on trying to do what you thinks better for her, you will only dig yourself deeper making it harder to come out of.
    If you do want to be with her, then help her. Suggest help for her, tell her to go and see someone. It is difficult to stick with someone like that with all the pressures etc. But just question yourself - is she worth it?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Yeah, since this thread is five years old...
    TheCMan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Sweet... just noticed that after my previous post... I'm retarded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Total current assets [ 5 Answers ]

How do you compute 1. Current assets. 2. Long-term assets. 3. Current liabilities. 4. Long-term liabilities. 5. Stockholders' equity. In my balance shee I have four entries. Land, Cash, Building, Accounts payable, Notes Payable (short terms) and equipment, capital stock, retained...

Total tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 43. Yesterday she had all her teeth pulled and new ones Put in. She did OK until late last night, when she began throwing up. She Told me the teeth had to go. Now she is waiting for the swellilng to go down So she can put them back in. Is this going to happen soon, as she has...

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

View more questions Search