Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SusieK13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Heart beat in back
    I am feeling a strange heart beat in my back when I lay down or sit. Should I be concerned? It has been going on for about 2 weeks. I have no back pain. It is just driving me crazy!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Welcome to AMHD; of course, you should be concerned whenever you feel something different.
    medivac Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Any sharp pain between your shoulder blades? If so you need to seek emergency help. Sometimes with what is called an abdominal aortic disection pain is felt between the scapulas due to referred pain. If no pain is felt, it wouldn't hurt to be seen by a physician and telling him what your complaint is. Better to be safe than sorry
    SusieK13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 03:17 PM
    No sharp pains and it is in my middle to lower back
    medivac Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Your abdominal aorta (AA) runs straight down from your heart, through your diaphram, through your abdomen and supplies your abdominal organs, genitals, legs, feet, toes, etc. with oxygenated blood. When pregnant women are told to lay on their left side, the reason is to keep the baby off the AA. Could be that your AA is enlarged due to stenosis (narrowing of the passageway that carries the blood) or you could be perfectly healthy. You should definitely be seen by your primary physician and have some radiology tests done to see just what the cause is.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 12:21 PM
    OK, bottom line, Susie, get on with it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with heat and rapid heart beat and getting out of breath [ 12 Answers ]

When I am out in the sun and heat Like for example I went to my sons field day at school and after just walking down to the play ground area from my car In the sun and heat I'm out of breath and my face turns real red like flushed or burned and I cannot go. My heart rate also beats faster , I...

Baby heart beat [ 5 Answers ]

When can they hear the baby's heart rate?? And I am having slight cramping but goes way after I use the bathroom what can this be?

Heart Broken and Want my Ex back. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a problem my boyfriend of over 8yrs broke up with me.we have been together since Jan 3rd 1999, and I was his first love,and sex partner.I was his first everything and the first serious relationship.all he said was that you loves me and cares for me but doesn't have the same feelings for...

Broken heart, how do I win my ex back? [ 3 Answers ]

I met my boyfriend in 2003, he was a friend of my brothers and I had just met him. He used to come round my house and make it very clear that he liked me. However I was not so smitten, I was 15 and he was 18 almost 19, soon he grew on me and his 'hard to get' persona finally won me over. We had...

Can't find baby's heart beat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is brandy I found out I was pregnet jan 12 my boyfriend and I are very happy last night I started spoting browinish not a lot then it changed to red and kept changing back and forth I went to the dr at the er and they did 3 ultra sounds one internal and can not find the baby's...

View more questions Search