Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snapdragon Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jun 16, 2008, 11:34 PM
    Storms and nosebleeds
    I have had a headache for almost a week now and at work today I got a bloody nose. I'm wondering what it could be. I always get headaches and stiff joints when a storm is coming, so that's what I thought the headache was, but the weather has been awesome for the past few days, and now that I got this bloody nose I 'm a little worried. It only lasted a few minutes, from one nostril, but it's only the second time I've ever had a bloody nose. If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thank you for your help
    snapdragon
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 17, 2008, 12:04 AM
    It might be because of the atmospheric pressure changes that affect the sacs of fluid in your body.I think the nose bleed may be a coincidence. But I know that when the barometer changes, your joints can really start to hurt. Even altitude changes does this to me. Once in a while I would get a minor nose bleed on one side when the temp got up to 110 and we were working outside. I am thinking perhaps a small vein has a weak point that is affected by changes ?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2008, 06:35 AM
    You too. The headaches when it rains thing.

Occasionally though, the headache isn't quite the same and it turns out that it's a sinus headache rather than the "rain" headache so Benedryl is in order, otherwise you could end up with a "rebound headache". Those are not good.

Trigger: The magnatude of the second derivative of barometric pressure vs. time exceeding a certain value.

Event usually occurs: 0-48 hours before rain is expected.

I doubt the nosebleed is worth being concerned about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search