Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krystalball Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
    38 weeks pregnant and not feeling anything
    Is it normal to be 38 weeks pregnant and still haven't felt any contractions? When would I know?
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jun 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
    It depends I never thought I had contractions because I always thought it was the baby moving but in fact I did have contractions. They may not be painful contractions, I didn't have any real contractions till I was in hopsital and 4cm dilated so it could be normal for sure.

Jun 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Thank You. I just really want to have this baby already!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
    You're only 38 weeks, you have 2 weeks to go, or more. Some women do get contractions early, or braxton hicks. For others it's completely normal to not get any until labor starts or they near their due date.

Good luck.

Jun 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Yes. I'm due June 25th, I guess I'm just so anxious that I want to start feeling everything already but once I'm in labor I'm going to wish I wasn't. Thank You
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I've said this before to other posters. The last month of pregnancy is the worst, you are so done, just stick a fork in you. ;) Believe me, by the time you are ready to have this baby, you'll be ready to rip your arm off just to be done with it. That's the way it's planned, even though we worry about labor we just don't care anymore, just get the baby out! :)

You'll be fine, not much longer to go now. Just rest and enjoy these last few weeks of peace and quiet, trust me, that will all be gone when baby arrives. Rest, relax and don't stress about it.

Oh, be sure to tell us what you have. :)

Jun 12, 2008, 04:03 PM
    You're right it is the hardest. I just want to be over it. I'm actually having a little girl, its so exciting! Can't wait to see her!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krystalball
    You're right it is the hardest. I just want to be over it. I'm actually having a little girl, its so exciting!! can't wait to see her!
    Treat yourself to some extra pampering in the time you have left... :)
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Have you picked any names yet?

Jun 13, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Yes I have picked a name, it's Arianna, what do u think?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krystalball
    Yes I have picked a name, it's Arianna, what do u think?
    Very pretty... :)
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Love the name, very pretty and original, but not scary original. :)

Good luck with the delivery, let us know how it goes and how mommy
    And baby are doing. Don't worry, if it was really that bad do you think
    Anyone would have a second child? :);)

Oh, fyi, I had both mine naturally, and even though I'll never admit it
    To hubby, it really wasn't that bad at all. :)
    keely123 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Yes. I have two children 2 and 7 months and I was like that with both of them. The OB said because when I got my periods my cramps were like child labor that I just didn't notice it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Feeling pregnant, test is negative [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got the birth control shot... I haven't had my period since then and I feel pregnant I have taken 2 tests but both were negative. I am spotting a little but not frequently and its not really red. I also have pain during intercourse. I don't know what to do?

Could I be pregnant? Cause of bleeding, shakiness, sick feeling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have not been feeling myself for the last few weeks, and am away travelling so is difficult for me to go to the doctors, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on my symptoms please? They are as follows; Shaky and lightheaded occaisionally Sick feeling, usually in the evening,...

Feeling pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 41 years old and on the 28th of August started feeling nauseated, fatigued, swollen breasts, food cravings. I've been nauseated around the clock since then. I've been sexually active but have used condoms for protection. Last month my period started on the 15th. Yesterday which was the 6th...

Feeling pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have been off the depo shot since June 2006.I had one pregnancy which ended in abortion on August 2006.since then I have not had a period only spotting once in awhile.I took a blood test for pregnancy in may 2007 but it was negative.I've also taken a at home pregnancy test but it was also...

View more questions Search