Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonclark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 08:34 PM
    What to do with a jealous, insecure partner
    What can I do about a jealous, insecure partner I have. We have 2 kids together, and my partner seems to think I have had or cheated in the time we separated, but it is n ot true. My partner searches my car, looks up investigative stuff on the internet, follows me, for no reason. I am so tired, and I feel so drained. I am in college, and it is hard enough, with our 2 little ones, and then there is the partner. I feel like I can not breathe, or relax at all. I can't seem to make this person believe anythng, and this person is so negative. What can I do? I divorced this peson in 2008, because of the personality, and anger issues. But I need advice.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 10:11 PM

No matter what you do or what you say you can't change who he is.

He have problems that only a professional can solve. He is basically stalking you even though the two of you are together.

I couldn't be someone who is so obsessive with the idea of me cheating. He follows you, got spyware, goes through your things, probably got your phone and computer tap--this is enough to drive a person mad. Then you said "he have anger and personality issues".

I think your better out alone but he creeps me out. I think even if you leave him he is going continue doing what he is doing and who knows what a person like him might do or what he is capable of. I seen a lot of stuff on the news lately about guys like him.

For your own sanity leave but be safe. If you stay you can do nothing and he isn't going change.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:13 AM
    It's time to leave. This person is, as Liz said, effectively stalking you, and by doing so he is putting you at risk of emotional and physical harm. Not to mention the children.

Stop trying to make him believe anything. He needs psychological help. The stuff in his head is his problem and you need to leave him to it.

Can you go and stay with family or friends? If he continues to stalk you when you've left, you can take out an intervention order.

Tell someone else what is happening. I urge you to make sure that you and the children are safe.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Jun 9, 2009, 06:27 AM

He sounds like a crazy person. I agree with others who say to leave but stay safe. This guy is a whackadoodle and sometimes the insecurity and jealousy can take an ugly turn. Be safe and be smart!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:39 AM

If you got divorced because of personality and anger issues, why did you decide to get back together? It obviously wasn't working out before.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Jun 9, 2009, 06:49 AM

You should stop seeing this person, and let him get help on his own. You cannot carry him anymore, because it will continue to take its toll on you. Of course stay cordial for the child's sake, but for your own sake, you need to not continue the relationship unless he really gets some help and you see results.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 07:46 AM

Also, it doesn't matter if you have kids with him but you left him once before and you see he didn't change. He probably got worse.

He can still be a dad to his kids regardless if your with him or not. They don't need to grow in this type of household. If try not to be involve with them or help you help fiancially you can always take him to court for child support because that is why they are there.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 08:12 AM

He has shown no change, it's time to leave. You gave the best you could but you can't be expected to stay forever
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 08:18 AM
    You said it, you already divorced him once. Why did you go back? Your not married any more. You went back and tried it and its not working so leave. What an emotional strain that must be on both of you. I mean he is so obsessed over it that must be all he is thinking and then there is you that can't make a move. Maybe he is so sure your cheating because he is! I always have thought the ones that don't trust are the ones that can't be trusted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He says I'm Jealous and Insecure [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and it seems like we are still single. We have separate bank accounts, credit cards and cell phone accounts. I found out for the second time that he has been calling lady friends (of which I do not know) and using up to 5000 minutes per month on...

Jealous/Insecure Husband [ 18 Answers ]

My husband of almost 13 years for some reason is accusing me of having an affair. Well not totally accusing me what he tells me is that he can't "accuse" me until he gets proof but he definitely confronts me regularly about it. When I get ready for work he tells me "oh he likes that perfume?" or...

Insecure husband and jealous [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have 4 kids, been married for almost 10 years. For the past year and a half he is so insecure and jealous. He accuses me of having an affair, saying I am "doing" someone else. He never initiates any sexual encounter what so ever. I work full time, I have 4 kids, and I go to...

How can I communicate with a jealous insecure man [ 7 Answers ]

How can I communicate with my boyfriend, he's jealous and insecure and wants me to be around him all the time. Rarely do I spend time with family or friends and when I do he wants to know every detail , but when he ask his hyper ming has already imagined that I have done something sneaky and...

View more questions Search