Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephen2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Bath tub draining
    I have a stupid question:

How fast is a bath tub supposed to drain?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 07:40 AM
    That's hard to say -- A bathtub drain with a short trap arm (the portion of the drain between the p-trap and the vent) will drain much more quick than a bathtub with a longer trap arm.

According to code, the maximum developed length of an 1-1/2 trap arm cannot exceed 42 inches and cannot exceed more than a 90 degree change in direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet overflowing and tub draining slowly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question on this site; hope you can help! My toilet has been overflowing for about three days. Kept plunging it and it would be OK for awhile. Took a shower (bath/tub combo) yesterday and today and noticed that the tub is draining very slowly with lots of glurging as it goes...

Hole in basement cement, but no pipe for draining Tub. [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy all, Here’s my problem: I have an 8” x 8” hole in the basement that was not cemented with the rest of the floor. I believed I would find a drain for the tub (because the location seems reasonable, and waste plumbing is already in place for a toilet and sink.) However, upon digging...

Tub draining - but overflowing @ air vent T [ 4 Answers ]

Hi- Great forum and I'm hoping someone can help me... My tub is draining well... even better after a snaking and enzyme wash... but I see water backflowing (under the one-story house) at the t-connection with the air vent. Questions: 1) am I right to keep thinking this is a drainage problem...

Tub draining causes toilets to gurgle [ 1 Answers ]

Have a issue with drainage. Live in East Tenn with high clay. This is the problem... family of five. When it's bed time and bath tub is half full, drainage causes both toilets to gurgle. House bought 2 yrs ago built 1978 (had 2 people living in it ) and everything was great until last NOV. when the...

Tub is the only system not draining properly [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is an older house (ca. 1955) on a septic system. We bought the house and moved in back in late March of this year, when the septic system should have been pumped by the previous owners. We're currently having issues with our bathtub not draining properly. All of our other drains are...

View more questions Search