Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yvonne56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Neck Pain
    Hi. Because the air conditioner had broken in my office yesterday,I had a small fan blowing on the back of my neck for a short period. Later in the day, my neck and upper back began to ache and by the evening it was almost dibilitating. I hardly slept all night and it is still bad today becoming very difficult to drive since I have limited movement turning my head left and right. Could this be because of the fan and what can I do for the pain? Right now, I'm taking Advil. Thank you.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Hi Yvonne
    It could be due to your fan, I'm not sure.

If you don't mind, try posting here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-health-wellness/ You might get more responses. This board is more for the clerical rather than clinical area of medicine. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Post moved. Learning, all you have to do is click the Report Inappropriate Post button and report that it is in the wrong section, we will then move it for you.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 08:56 AM
    I know that cold air blowing on the face or neck can cause pain so, yes, it's possible that this is why your neck hurts. Advil will probably work just fine for the pain. If it continues to hurt I would advise that you seek advice from your health care professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neck Pain [ 12 Answers ]

A few years ago I was involved in car accident. Our car was rear-ended and I suffered a whiplash injury. Ever since then, my neck has been giving me problems. Some days it hurts more than others. The pain increases when I sit at a computer for long periods. I've been to my family doctor...

Neck pain [ 1 Answers ]

Base of neck at back painful, slight swelling under collar bone at front of neck also bad shoulder, had radium and lithium to kill off thyroid 2.1/2 years ago

Neck Pain [ 1 Answers ]

My neck began to make clicking noises last year and became painful eventually. How should one go about treating "knots" in the shoulder blade that are creating an extremely painful neck? About two years ago I went flying over my bike handle bars and hurt my shoulder and crashed my chin into the...

A pain in the neck [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I just had yet another test done. I went to an ENT he checked my hearing. My left ear buzzes and clicks. He wants me to get an MRI of the brain and a complte blood workup. He assured me that it was not in fact caused by the pinched nerves in my neck or my anti inflamatory drug I have been...

View more questions Search