Ask
    martita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 03:37 PM
    My Puppy has blood in his stool
    Is it because I'm changing his diet?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2007, 05:06 PM
    No, a sudden change in diet can cause digestive upsets, but not blood in the stool. The puppy needs to see a vet. With no other problems, Monday should be soon enough. Lethargy and a foul smelling, bloody diarrhea can mean parvo. Parvo means get the puppy on an IV as soon as possible for any chance of saving it.

Please let us know how it does, and more details.

Also, see the sticky starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Yes, please listen to labman, and get your pup to a vet asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Puppy Stool [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old Boston Terrier and his stool has been concerning. It is orange colored, very small, and has a small amount of blood visible. He recently ate some dairy (milk and cheese). Is this something I should visit the vet about?

My puppy has blood in his poo [ 4 Answers ]

:( I have a 15 week old male, and he is very happy all of the time, but just to day I found out there is blood in his poo. He has had his shots and woming as well. It has been going on for 2 days. (I have 2 other dogs) Please help me!! :confused:

My puppy has loose stool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8+ week old Jack Russell and she has been with us for about a week and a half. She is in goos shape and has already has her initial shots and worming. Today after coming home from the store I took her out and she had loose stool (very loose). I was wondering what might have caused this....

Puppy found that won't eat, blood in stool, dehydrated [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to save this puppy I found in a box in the rain until a vet is available:confused: ? He is a very young sharpei, won't eat, looking for mother I think, so I put a ticking clock in his bed, blood in his stool (loose), dehydrated.

View more questions Search