Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgiajrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 05:32 PM
    My puppy has loose stool
    I have a 8+ week old Jack Russell and she has been with us for about a week and a half. She is in goos shape and has already has her initial shots and worming. Today after coming home from the store I took her out and she had loose stool (very loose). I was wondering what might have caused this. She is in great spirits and eating and drinking fine. The only thing whe has had other than her food is a doggie treat she stole from our Golden. Please it any one can help, let me know.
    Thanks https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    :)
    Keepugesin Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Well, if it were me, I'd take the pup in for a Parvo test. Not to scare you or anything, but puppies that age are very susceptible to Parvo, I just lost my 14 week old doxie to the disease and she had two of her shots already. The test is pretty inexpensive and very easy to do, results in 8 minutes. It could be something the pup ate, and you could keep your eye on her, but if she threw up just one time, I'd be on the road to the vet for sure!
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Jul 20, 2006, 11:31 PM
    Just diarrhea doesn't always mean parvo. There are many signs that a dog has parvo. Puppies up until they are about a year old will have runny stool occasionally, so that's normal. If it persists you should take her into the vet. Stress can cause diarrhea, and being a puppy more things than you think could cause stress. Unstable eating habits could also cause it. It probably could have just been from eating the older dogs food. Make sure she is still drinking and eating. If she stops drinking and eating and is lethargic and her stool has a foul smell take her to the vet. Good luck with the pup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing Cat with Loose Stool [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My cat, June, has three kittens of her own(four weeks old) and a foster kitten a week older than hers.  About a week ago she started having excessive gas and loose stools, and it hasn't improved.  I had given her moist cat food as a treat, and thought that was the problem, but it couldn't...

Stool Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I will be replacing rotted 1 x 6 sub flooring and underlayment under the stool. Have crawl space. Will be using 1/4 backer board over all surface and putting in new vinyl. Has been a very long time since I last removed a cast iron flange. Want to raise it to level of backer board. Seems it was...

Puppy found that won't eat, blood in stool, dehydrated [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to save this puppy I found in a box in the rain until a vet is available:confused: ? He is a very young sharpei, won't eat, looking for mother I think, so I put a ticking clock in his bed, blood in his stool (loose), dehydrated.

Loose skin? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :pguys i want to ask.. i lost quite a lot of weight and along wit that is the loose skin issue..it looks weird. how do u suggest having firmer skin aside from exercise which is something i'm already doing.. help will be much appreciated..:)

My cat has loose stool [ 5 Answers ]

My cat had UTI and was given injections of antibiotics for 10 days. A month has gone by now and his stool is still lose and frequent. Would you tell me why?

View more questions Search