Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdavid2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 02:41 PM
    How to repair stucco
    Wall in water heater area outside broken out for new piping. 40's house - chicken wire and stucco. How do you repair this, please?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 03:06 PM
    A lot is determined by what type of stucco was used.
    hdavid2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    A lot is determined by what type of stucco was used.
    The house is from the 40's. Old, big hole chicken wire, no backing paper. Existing stucco is about 1/2 inch thick. Thought I would use the new mesh and black stucco paper, then try to double up so I don't have to do three coats. Is this feasible?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to anchor a starter board to old stucco without cracking the stucco [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking to build a wood porch onto an existing 10' x 20' concrete pad. The house is old stucco with no concrete block behind it. I have been told that by using a starter board on the house, the stucco may crack. Any ideas on how to start the roof of the porch without using a starter board?

New stucco [ 3 Answers ]

We are neophytes attempting to apply stucco to a newly constructed plywood (1/2") sheathed building. We have the tar paper, wire mesh (looks like chicken wire) and furring nails (1-3/4"). My question is how to apply these: Do we staple on the paper? (what over lap?) How do we nail on the wire?-...

Stucco Application [ 2 Answers ]

I have a home built in the late 1960s with stucco with glass blown into it. Is there any way to apply new stucco to the house without removing the old stuff. I'm looking for a more modern/contemporary look. Thanks J

View more questions Search