Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twinpine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 11:00 AM
    Henry floor leveler compound nail through
    I am leveling up a wood subfloor to install a 1/2 inch engineered hardwood floor. I planned on using Henry leveling Compound up to 1/2 inch thick over an area about 3 feet wide by 8 feet long. This area is a transition are between a great room and a kitchen that will all be covered with the new engineered flooring. This will be a nail down installation. My question is this: Can the henry level pro product be nailed through the same as the rest of the floor without causing any problems for me. The floor calls for L-cleats which I plan on using.

Thanks, Twinpine
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2010, 04:46 AM

Are you using staples or nails?
    How thick is the leveler? If you are using a floor stapler with air it should go right through up to 1/2 "
    Twinpine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Thanks for the response. I am using the L-Cleats (nails), not Staples with an air flooring nailer. The thickness will be a max of 3/4 inch. I wasn't sure if the air nailer would crimble the hardened Henry material causing me problems, or if it will be flexible enough to allow the nail penetration without cracking or crumbling.
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2010, 12:36 PM

I have used this product in the past but only nailed by hand.
    Don't remember any problems.. the L cleats should go right through

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use floor leveler over Durock? [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed Durock in my kitchen floor, and after I glued and screwed it all down, I noticed that the floor is all on one plane, perfectly flat, except for an area that runs from one of the walls to a spot about three feet from the wall. This area slopes downward. So... Can I use a floor...

Structo-lite versus floor leveler [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 30 year old fiberglass tub with no support under it - 1.5 inch gap over subfloor. I saw the same question on mar 17, 2009 so wanted to try the recommendations of shoving balls of structo-lite in material squares under the tub and letting it set up. The man at my local lumberyard talked...

How to not put nail in tile floor. [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding a extra room in my house and the area I am putting it the room has new tile on it and I want to know how can I go about putting up the wall without putting the nail in the tile? I will be in6 months to a year making the room bigger. I just bought this house

Floor Leveler [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove excessive (dry) floor leveler?

How much floor leveling compound can I use? [ 6 Answers ]

My brother and I plan on putting down some laminate flooring but the existing sub floor very uneven. We are hoping to get out of replacing as much as we can and use some of that leveling material. So my question is how much is the max suggested? Is it 1/4" or ? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search