Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrad1514 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Heating/air conditioning questions
    Why is there ice on my air conditioner lines?
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Apr 30, 2012, 09:51 PM
    if it is on the larger copper line than the blower motor is not operating while the condenser fan and compressor are = bad news for compressor if this keeps happening

the system may be low on refrigerant due to a leak. This will still have air blowing out at the registers.

last and least likely is a restriction in the copper lines or part in the refrigerant system. As the refrigerant passes through the restriction the pressure and temp drop and you see ice. Could be on the liquid line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating and air conditioning [ 4 Answers ]

I have a older unit and the fan and compressor will not come on but if you push the contactor in it will come on I've replaced the contactor and the starter compacitor and new thermastat any info will help

Heating-air-conditioning [ 0 Answers ]

My old thermostat to a new one did not work so I put back the old but now nothing works

Heating and air conditioning questions [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have central air/heat unit at my home and have been having an odor (smokey, fish odor) emitting from the vents. It is only in the downstairs vents because we have two separate units and zones. I indpected the inside of the furnace and it was clean, no water or tears in the ducting for...

My ruud Heating & Air Conditioning is not blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My ruud Heating & Air Conditioning system is not blowing hot air, everything is working fine but not blowing hot air when I put it to heat

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean when th cooling on light flashes on your eat and air digital thermometer?

View more questions Search