Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgarner72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Heating and air conditioning
    I have a older unit and the fan and compressor will not come on but if you push the contactor in it will come on I've replaced the contactor and the starter compacitor and new thermastat any info will help
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2011, 05:30 AM
    Pushing the contactor in tell you that you have high voltage, start tracing the smaller tstat wire that runs from furnace to condenser unit for cut wires., many times pets or weedeaters will chew the wires into, if you find the problem turn off the breaker to furnace,so when you splice wires back together you won`t fry the transformer
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 18, 2011, 11:18 AM
    Start there as wmproop suggested and then look at your wiring from new stat, you may have wired it wrong...
    kgarner72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Thanks everyone it was the circuit board

JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 18, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Was my next suggestion... glad your settled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating and air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Comfortmaker air and heater unit on my roof. The PCB to the air conditioner has burned out. The pressure switch may also be damaged as it is black. The circuit breaker did not kick in to turn off the electricity so the damage is severe. The model number is PGC030k060e. Is...

Heating and Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

My central electric heater is blowing air a few degrees above room temperature. The main breaker and breaker on the unit are on. Both elements ohm out so I assume they are not open. Do the relays that control individual elements frequently fail?

My ruud Heating & Air Conditioning is not blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My ruud Heating & Air Conditioning system is not blowing hot air, everything is working fine but not blowing hot air when I put it to heat

View more questions Search