Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmrsbrine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 05:35 AM
    How to get back to my natural colour

I recently decided on a new style for my hair, it's a gorgeous blonde colour with red highlights. Unforunately a few weeks ago I dyed my hair a red shade, and the hairdressers said that I couldn't go blonde with them, as I may go ginger. Being silly I got a home dye kit, and tried to go blonde, the only problem was, it only dyed my roots and the rest stayed pretty much red. This looked awful, so I re-dyed it a brownish colour. This colour is too dark, and I hate having dark hair.

Ive read all the posts about loreal colour zap etc, but I'm not sure where to get it from. Is it possible to buy it from a shop instead of online? If not is there anything similar that I can buy from shops?

Please help, I'm really upset about this hair colour, and can't afford to go to the salon to get it rectified. Im also due to go on holiday in 7 weeks, and want my hair to look nice before I go!

Many thanks xxxxxxxxx
    lilmrsbrine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Well that didn't work, I decided since no one answered to try a colour stripper.
    I found one in the uk that is called loreal born blonde, designed to remove dye,
    Or lighten natural colour. Now mine went totally wrong, my hair went bright orange!

But for those of you who have dyed your hair black and want to be lighter, it may just work,
    If you leave it on there for an hour, it should turn your hair a light brown colour, and can
    Then be dyed a light brown colour, instead of a dark colour. It can be purchased in superdrug or boots.

Hope this helps!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural colour [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my brown hair black. The black dye seems to have washed out in places and I want to get the rest of it out and go a shade of brown. How do I get the black out? Will it make my hair ginger?

Natural hair colour [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am curious to know how do you determine what your natural hair colour is apart from the obvious i.e look at it, is it through the hair roots? The reason I am asking is because I am baffled what my actual natural hair colour is because my hair grows out about 4 or 5 cms lightish black from...

How can I change my hair back to my natural colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I am naturally blonde but have been dying my hair medium brown for nearly 2 years. I haven't dyed my hair again recently and I have decided I want to go back to my natural blonde colour. I have heard about lightening hair dyes but I'm not sure what colour this will turn my hair. Can you suggest...

Natural COlour gone forver? [ 2 Answers ]

I have coloured my hair several times. will I ever be able to get it back to its natural colour without having to shave it all off and start again?:confused: Thanks.x.

I want my natural hair colour back! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been bleaching my hair to almost white for a year now and I want my natural colour back, I have left it for 4 months and have about two inches of my natural ( golden blonde/light brown) hair, I can't afford to go to a hairdressers and I can't wait for it to grow out, what would be the best...

View more questions Search